SUBJECT : DRDO CHIEF ON CONTRACT
- Letter No. 12/9/2013-EO(SM-I), Government of India, Secretariat of the Appointment Committee of Cabinet, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions , dated 31 May 2013 regarding The appointment of Shri Avinash Chander beyond his date of retirement i.e. 30.1 1.2014 on contract basis.
- Print Release, Press Information Bureau, Government of India, Ministry of Defence, 28November2014 18:48 IST
With regards, I would like to draw your kind attention towards letters under reference. The press release of PIB, MOD is regarding – Avinash Chander to Continue as DRDO Chief on Contract after Superannuation.
Following facts are conclusive form the above letters.
- A contractual retired employee (employee on contract) is now DRDO Chief.
- By which Order, The President is pleased to retire Dr. Avinash Chander, Secretary, Department of Defence Research & Development in the Ministry of Defence from Government Service with effect from 30.11.2014 (AN) on attaining the age of superannuation. Why the said Order was not disclosed by MOD?
- The Order dated 31 May 2013 was issued by previous Government and this Government has issued orders for retirement of Shri Avinash Chander.
- There is no fresh order issued by this Government regarding contract of Shri Avinash Chander as DRDO Chief.
- Government is emphasizing on young Scientist in the DRDO on the other hand despite being several talented and experienced scientists available in DRDO, what is necessity and compulsions of a retired person as DRDO Chief.
- How a person on contract will enjoy administrative and financial powers while DRDO is having 30000 employees and Rs. 15283 crore budget?
- Will they have to report a contractual employee?
- How an employee on contract be Head of Department and Head of Office in DRDO.
- Would Ministry of Defence could not find any suitable scientist as DRDO Chief out of 7500 talented scientists in DRDO or from other organisations.
- Why Government is not maintaining Transparency in the appointment on contract and powers being exercised by Shri Avinash Chander after superannuation. All RTI replies returned under section 24 of RTI Act 2005
- Government has cancelled many appointments of previous Government but why not of Shri Avinash Chander while several complaints are pending before the Government against him.
- Can a man of doubtful integrity be appointed on contract basis as DRDO Chief? The case of Dr Arun Kumar’s daughter’s recruitment where Sh Avinash Chander give clean chit and after CVC/CVO, MoD intervention the said recruitment was found illegal and cancelled.
- Farzi EDK MoU in US propaganda till date nothing has been done, only Ms Reny enjoying the US trips, what India got from this MoU except spending crores of tax payers money and Sh Avinash Chander’s photo session with Ms Fay Crowe, her mother, her sister and her daughter.
Sir, on behalf of Government would you like to reply to the nation being a technocrat-cum-politician, how much it is justified to have DRDO Chief on contract basis for one and half year.
The scientific community and employees are very much surprised from this decision of Government and this will lead frustration among the scientific community of DRDO. In the interest of nation and the DRDO, I kindly request to you to remove the Shri Avinash Chander as DRDO Chief and setup High Level Committee to inquire all the complaints against Shri Avinash Chander pending before the Government (PMO & MOD)
21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Phone 0135- 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879,
e-mail id email@example.com website www.corruptionindrdo.com
Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
28-November-2014 18:48 IST
Avinash Chander to Continue as DRDO Chief on Contract After Superannuation
The President is pleased to retire Dr. Avinash Chander, Secretary, Department of Defence Research & Development (DOB: 06.11.1950), in the Ministry of Defence from Government Service with effect from 30.11.2014 (AN) on attaining the age of superannuation.
The appointment of Dr. Avinash Chander beyond his date of retirement i.e. 30.11.2014 for 18 months would be on contract basis, with the same terms and conditions as he would be entitled to Secretary (DRD) before the date of retirement. His contractual term will end on 31 May 2016.