To 27th April 2015 Hon’ble Shri Manohar Parrikar, Defence Minister,Room No -104, South Block, New Delhi-110011
SUBJECT: DEFENCE SECRET IN DANGER, DIRECTOR, DRL, DRDO TEZPUR’s DIRECTOR SECRETARIAT MANAGED BY CONTRACTUAL LABOUR AS PERSONNEL SECRETARY
Sir, Yesterday (26th April 2015) The Sunday Standard first page news was “Defence Secret is in Danger”
In this reference, DRDO having lot of examples, DRDO is only one department where you can find contractual manpower above age of 70 or below 18 years. People may be think that because of their high skill expertise DRDO might been engage such manpower, but matter of fact this practice adopted DRDO is only for those who are having good number of secrets or having evidences of wrong doings of DRDO bosses.
In ASL you will find people working since last more than 10 years after retirements, scientists, Technical Officers, who are experts in manpower/ logistic manipulations while missile firing, even JCDA retired account officer etc who are expertise in bill clearance from CDA. These specialized contractual having good assets that can be verified by agencies.
One major observation on these contract appointments is the not following the proper police verification.
ACEM, Nasik campus one murder was done by a contract’s man who has criminal records.
HEMRL GOCO contract labor business, the police verification was done on single list basis one stamp of Thana solved the problem and best part of this these hundreds of contract labours handle the high class explosive TATB.
For example in ADE, DRDO. Bangalore more than 170 B.Tech contract employees are working in core area for mare Rs 12000 and same time scientists who are getting hefty salaries Rs 80000 to 1.5 Lakhs are looking stores /admin /horticulture /works / security /Library etc
This Mail received by website www.corruptioninddo.com on Thu, 30 Oct 2014 01:19:10 IP: 184.108.40.206
all of us know about DRDL it is a dream job org to every one. but please think about contract employees. My husband is also working in DRDO RCI he is engineering graduate. From past 2 years he is working but he is getting 14k. how we can Liv with family in Hyderabad and this year no increments… we are not dreaming about permanent job….. my small wish is to get better pay… for the same job a permanent employee getting nearly 4ok but contract employee getting only 12+.but work is same for both. am not asking to give 4o to contract people just i want to say please provide increments at least…this is not only my wish… i hope u can think & talk about this……….
if i made any mistake please excuse me….. Defence Minister Sir, hope you will take this above mail seriously
Following one example case of DRL, DRDO, Tezpur for your sharp analysis of this DRDO’s contract business.
- Sh.M.L. Roy is an ex-employee of Defence Research Laboratory (DRL), Tezpur who superannuated on 31 Dec 2008
- He was posted at Director Secretariat as Personal Assistant/Personal Secretary to Director, DRL, Tezpur prior to his superannuation from DRL, Tezpur.
- Right from his superannuation on 31 Dec 2008, he was start working at DRL, Tezpur as contractual Laborer and posted at Director He is engaged in all sensitive work like computerized compiling of materials in Director’s Office, monitoring and maintenance of important files of Director Office which has already been mentioned in his contract.
- Since last 7 years continuously working in DRL, Tezpur as Personal Secretary (PS) to Director, DRL, and Tezpur by means of several private vendors / supplier/security agencies.
- M.L. Roy is presently of 65 +years age and not fit for this job as in this sensitive post any private contractual labour should not be appointed while several young skilled manpower is available in DRL, Tezpur.
- DRL, Tezpur having permanent staff Sh S K Sharma as PS ‘C’ but he was not assigned the right job.
- Interestingly Sh M L Roy working for Rs 5000 – Rs 6000 only as Jan 2015 Salary was Rs 5764.00
- Sh M L Roy working as mole for vendors, each and every file of procurements / recruitments/ transfer postings/temporary duties etc. moves from Director’s office.
Sir, it is requested kindly order for extensive survey of to explore the necessity of this contract business in DRDO. Because like Director, DEAL Sh R C Agarwal used these contract labour for kitchen gardening, to clean utensils, to wash his wife’s petticoats etc, when this issue published on website Sh R C Agarwal stopped using these labours. This British legacy are maintaining by DRDO directors and senior officers. I am enclosing two photographs of a contract labour is busy to wash his boss personal car in DRL, Tezpur campus