To 12th April 2015 Hon’ble Shri Manohar Parrikar, Defence Minister,Room No -104, South Block,New Delhi-110011
Subject: Intimation about deliberate illegal acts and omissions done in DRDO.
Sir, Please find following informations about the intentional unlawful acts and omissions made in DRDO, MOD
- Shri Krishan Kumar and Shri J B Singh retired joint Directors of AFHQ Cadre of the o/o JS (T) & CAO, MOD have been appointed as consultants in the ADA, Bangalore (an autonomous body under the administrative control of DRDO, MOD.) soon after their retirement on superannuation for the regular official work of ADA Bangalore and they have been illegally posted in the very sensitive establishment of DRDO i.e. RAC, Delhi. these two (02) consultants are used illegally to attend the court cases at CAT Delhi & High Court of Delhi filed by regular employees of the DRDO like court case of retired Scientist ’G’ Shri Virender Kumar of DEAL Dehradun. These consultants even illegally screen the applications of direct recruitments of scientist in DRDO & in such screening no meticulous screening is carried out by these consultants resulting selection of ineligible & relatives of senior scientist of DRDO as a quid –pro-que. Moreover there is imminent danger of favoritism and leakage of confidential and sensitive documents/information of RAC Delhi.
- Shri S T Rajan & Shri R Natrajan retired joint Directors of AFHQ Cadre of the o/o JS (T) & CAO, MOD have been appointed as consultants in the program office of DRDO HQ New Delhi in the missiles program for carrying out routine works for which already their relievers in the form of regular employees have been posted in DRDO HQ. these retired GOVT. servants are also appointed against the vacancies of ADA Bangalore and posted in DRDO HQ New Delhi. they don’t belong to scientific or technical cadre. There is imminent danger of the leakage of the sensitive informations at their level.
- Shri V K Shrama retired joint Directors of AFHQ Cadre of the o/o JS (T) & CAO, MOD has been appointed as consultants in the o/o DOP, DRDO HQ New Delhi with the approval of the then defence minister of GOI by misrepresentation & distortion of the material facts particularly with regard to the actual need of hiring him as consultant. His services have been utilized for the assignments for which he has not been appointed. There is imminent danger of leakage of the sensitive information.
- Dr. A K Singh, present DOP of DRDO HQ New Delhi has played an active role in illegal extension of the periods of consultancy and in new engagements of consultancies of the retired GOVT. servants which he carried out with deliberate misrepresentation and distortion of the material facts submitted to the various senior authorities of DRDO, MOD & to the defence minister.
- Shri A K Singh present DOP of DRDO HQ New Delhi did not take any initiative to suspend Shri G Malakondiah, the then CC R&D (HR of DRDO HQ) for his conviction in a contempt of court case of the high court of the judicature of Chennai on 24-sept-2014 although this conviction news came in almost all the important daily newspapers including Hindusthan times New Delhi edition. No convicted person can be retained in GOVT. service even for a single day if the news of his conviction comes to the notice of the concerned public authority through formal or informal channel. The stay granted to Shri Malakondiah on 26-09-2014 by the apex court was restricted to the implementation of the imprisonment and not his conviction. The convicted person was deliberately allowed an opportunity to influence the witnesses and to tamper, mend, amend, destroy, replace & concealment of the concerned documents against the public interest due to lake of devotion to duty and possession of doubtful integrity of the concerned officials of the DRDO HQ New Delhi.
- the number of retired officials of DRDO, AFHQ Cadre appointed as consultants, directly violating the rules of consultancy, for the regular work of DRDO has reached to the alarming point where regular employees are considering illegal interference of the consultants in their regular sphere of duties and are also feeling frustrated and de-motivated which is playing havoc on the output of the DRDO as an organization.
I hope that some appropriate concrete action would be taken against the concerned guilty officers of DRDO & all Deviations and distortions would be set right in the national interest.