Subject: Corruption cases of Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur
Defence Materials and Stores Research & Development Establishment (DMSRDE), Kanpur is one of the establishments under Defence Research & Development Organisation. Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena was appointed as Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur with effect from 01 January 2011 and he is posted in DMSRDE, Kanpur since 28 April 1984. In past 30 years he developed deep connections with local vendors and after his appointment as Director since 01 Jan 2011, these pet vendors are playing major role in procurement of stores & items.
- As vigilant & patriot citizen of the country, I filed 12 complaints on issues of Corruption against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena, Director, DMSRDE to CVC and Hon’ble Defence Minister with proofs. Details of complaints on Corruption against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena is enclosed as Annexure-1.
- CVC has informed me vide his various letter & sms that my all 12 complaints have been forwarded to CVO, Ministry of Defence but till date no action has been taken against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena. Copies of letters from CVC are annexed as Annexure-2.
- Since copies of all these complaints were also sent to Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO and Scientific Advisor to Raksha Mantri but till date no action has been taken against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena by Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO.
- The two statutory rules viz CCS (Conducts) Rule 1964 and CCS (CCA) Rules 1965 have been framed by Government of India for maintaining good conduct and discipline. Under Rule 14, Government of India Order on “Inquiry Officers to be senior in rank to the officers enquired against” it is mandatory that inquiry officer –Chairman as well as all members Inquiry Committee should be one rank senior to the officer whose conduct is being inquired into. This principle has been reiterated in CVC Vigilance Manual, Railway Manual, CPWD Manual and all other DOPT Manuals.
- Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO and Scientific Advisor to Raksha Mantri is giving patronage to corrupt practices of Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena and promoting corrupt officers in the organisation. One simple example of patronage to Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena by Shri Avinash Chander, DG R&D, DRDO is to constitute an illegal Fact Finding Committee in Jan-Feb 2014 for inquiring complaints against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena. In this committee Shri SS Negi, Scientist ‘H’ was Chairman and Mr. Manoj Bali, Scientist ‘G’ and Shri Jagdeep, Scientist ‘F’ was members. This Committee was totally illegal as Chairman was of equivalent rank and two members of FFC were very junior to Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena. This establishes that Shri Avinash Chander, DG R&D, DRDO wilfully constituted an illegal committee for giving patronage & protection to corruption in DMSRDE, Kanpur by Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena. Intentions of Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO is very open to protect corrupt officer Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena by any means.
- This Fact Finding Committee took only one complaint out of my several complaints and gave false report despite FFC did not interact with me and all proofs were submitted along with complaints. That complaint was regarding procurement of ‘REACTOR’. The said REACTOR was procured by DMSRDE in 2012 and REACTOR was supplied to DMSRDE in January 2013. Till date payment of said REACTOR has not been made to the vendor.
- In light of the above, in the interest of organisation, I kindly request you to take appropriate action against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena, Director, DMSRDE and issue directives to CVO (MOD) to speed up the investigation on my complaints.
With kind regards,(Prabhu Dandriyal) 21, Sundarwala, Raipur Road Dehradun-248008 Phone – 0135- 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879, e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org website – www.corruptionindrdo.com
- Hon’ble Shri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, PMO, New Delhi.
- Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO and SA to RM, New Delhi.
- Chief Vigilance Officer, Ministry of Defence, South Block, New Delhi.
- Details of complaints on Corruption against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena to CVC.
- Copies of letters from CVC.
List of Complaints to CVC against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CVC ON COMPLAINTS AGAINST DR. ARVIND KUMAR SAXENA, DIRECTOR, DMSRDE, KANPUR
RTI was filed to CVC on 29 Jan 2014 and ACPIO replied vide letter No. CVC/RTI/13/1862-24017 that “Information has been gathered, a suitable reply will be sent shortly”.
Vide letter No. CVC/RTI/13/1862/241925 dated 18.03.2014 CPIO, CVC informed that:
- Complaint dated 29.11.2013 was sent for necessary action to CVO, MOD vide OM No. 1323/2014/V9 dated 30.01.2014.
- Compliant dated 17.12.2013 was sent for necessary action to CVO, MOD vides OM No. 2056/2014/V9 dated 19.02.2014.
- Complaints dated 24.12.2013, 26.12.2013, 22.01.2014 have been received in the Commission and their complaint Nos. are 5022/2014/Vigilance9, 4967/2014/ Vigilance9 & 5387/2014/Vigilance9 respectively. These complaints are under consideration in the Commission.
- Complaints dated 28.12.2013, 06.01.2014 & 09.01.2014 have been received and these have been sent to CVO, MOD for necessary action vide Commissions OM No. 30714/2013/Vigilance9 dated 26.12.2013, 3617/2014/Vigilance9 dated 10.03.2014 respectively.
- Complaints dated 12 Jan 2014, 06 Feb 2014 & 03 March 2014 are consideration of Commission.
- Complaint dated 11 June 2014 has been forwarded to CVO (MOD) for further action.
- Complaint 13248/2014 has been forwarded to CVO (MOD) for further action on 26th June 2014