To Date 5th January 2013 CPIO, DRDO HQ Room No. 314A DRDO Bhawan, Rajaji Marg New Delhi – 110105
Hello, Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of the following meeting.
A meeting was chaired by Dr. Prahlada, then Appellate Authority, CC R&D, Mr.S.Ravi, then CPIO, DRDO Hqrs, Dr. Arun Kumar, then DOP, DRDO, One Joint Director, DRDO, Director DEAL, Dehradun with his three representatives, Mr.YV Ratna Prasad, DMS, DRDL, Hyderabad, Mr. Narsimha Reddy, Consultant, DRDL, Hyderabad, on 16th June 2010 at Dr Prahlada’s good office.
The agenda of the meeting was how to stop Prabhu Dandriyal’s RTI requests. It was not a general RTI issue meeting because the officials who were called to the meeting were directly involved in tackling the issues which I had raised through RTIs.
- Name and designation of officials who were present in above meeting.
- Copy of meeting agenda if any.
- Copy of minutes/proceeding
- Total amount of TA/DA expenditure of out station officials.
- The temporary duty reports of out station officials who attended the above mentioned meeting. Mainly Mr.YV Ratna Prasad, DMS, DRDL, Hyderabad and Sh K K Mishra, Joint Director, DEAL, DRDO. After completion of any temporary duty DRDO officials always submits the TD reports to his parent department stated what the purpose of visit was and what the outcome of visit was, etc.
DRDO is already aware that this matter is related to exposing corruption prevailing in the organization. Dr. Arun Kumar, then DOP, DRDO already suspended on 30th November 2012 by MOD due to his involvement in corrupt activities in the organization. It is requested that you please furnish the above information in prescribed period of RTI Act because this matter is directly related to corruption the evidences are enclosed herewith for your ready reference. The Chairman of the meeting was Dr. Prahlada, then Appellate Authority, CC R&D, Mr.S.Ravi, then CPIO, DRDO Hqrs, Dr. Arun Kumar, then DOP, DRDO are now exposed through RTIs for their corrupt activities.
- Dr. Prahlada, then FAA, CC R&D , – Illegal drawn HRA – Enclosed RTI reply
- Mr.S.Ravi, then CPIO, DRDO Hqrs, – Illegal drawn HRA -Enclosed RTI reply
- Dr. Arun Kumar, then DOP,DRDO – Suspended by Vigilance MOD – copy CVC advise
- It is observed that DRDO is denying 99% RTI request under shadow of Schedule – II. This RTI request will reveal the policy of DRDO in which DRDO official stated that they give reply of all RTI requests but not to give request information.
- Requested information is directly related to me and not any kind of defense strategy
- Requested information is related to liberty and threat to life, as safety measure I am requesting for the information in which DRDO officials are planning to ruin my life as I am trying to expose their corrupt activities.
Enclosed- Rs 10 Postal order 98E528549
File No. CIC/LS/A12011/000412
Para wise reply pertaining to years 2009 and 2010 is as under:
(a) Total number of transit accommodation available in DRDO’s guest House at Delhi —105
(b) DRDO officials availing DRDO transit guest house facilities at Delhi for more than 30 days while they are posted in same station — 17
(c) Sh. S Ravi, Additional Director, DRDO HQrs availed DRDO guest house facility in Delhi during 10 Jul 2009 to 10 Sep 2010.
(d) Dr. Prahiada, CC R&D (Ae & SI) & DS, DRDO HQrs availed DRDO guest house facility in Delhi during 26 Mar 2010 to 20 Mar 2011. – False Information
CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION
Room No. 308, B-Wing, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
Appellant Shri Rajiv Chauhan
Public Authority DRDO
Date of hearing 09.08.2012
Date of decision 09.08.2012
1. Heard today dated 09.08.2012. Appellant present. DRDO is represented by Shri
Deepak Mishra, Scientist ‘E’.
2. The appellant submits that there are a large number of senior scientists who have lived or are living in Government guest houses and yet claiming House Rent Allowance which is contrary to the rules. Thus, they are defrauding the Government. He provides a list of such scientists which is as follows :-
1. Dr. Prahlada, Chief Controller(R&D);
2. Sh. S. Sundaresh, Chief Controller(R&D);
3. Dr. K. Sekhar, Chief Controller(R&D);
4. Dr. r. Sreehari Rao, Chief Controller(R&D);
5. Dr. K.D. Nayak, Chief Controller(R&D);
6. Shri Ravi, Scientist ‘G’, CPIO;
7. Shri S. Sankaran, Director, ER&IPR;
8. Sh. H.V. Ssrinivasa Rao, Director, ISSA;
9. Sh. Ajay Ssingh, Chief Executive;
10. Sh. S. Shanker, Director, DCV&E;
11. Shri R.C. Katoch, Chief Tech Examiner;
12. Sh. B. Choubey, CCE and
13. Sh. Abhay Kumar, CCE.
3. He also produces a copy of the letter dated 17.8.2011 of Dr. Arun Kumar, Director of Personnel, wherein orders for recovery were made. The said letter, addressed to the Directors of all Labs/Establishments for recovery of HRA is reproduced below :-
4. “1. It has been observed that some officers posted to a Lab have stayed/are
staying in DRDO transit facilities/Guest house from the date of their reporting to that station Officers, if have stayed/staying in the DRDO transit facilities/Guest house for more than a month and have simultaneously claimed /claiming HRA for the said period of stay, is against govt. orders/regulations.
2. In view of the above, officers posted at any station who have stayed/staying in
DRDO transit facilities/Guest house for a month or more from their date of reporting and also have claimed/claiming HRA for the said period are required to refund the amount of HRA wrongly claimed forthwith by 15 Sep 2011 through MRO under intimation to the undersigned.
4. This has the approval of the competent authority.
5. The contents of this letter may please be communicated to all concerned.” He wishes to know as to why no recoveries have been effected so far.
6. To this, Shri Mishra would respond that recoveries have been made from all of the scientists.
7. In my opinion, this does not mitigate the irregularity committed in claiming HRA by the above named scientists. Even so, it is to be noted that recoveries have been made from all concerned. If so, the appellant may be informed accordingly in 03 weeks.
( M.L. Sharma )
Authenticated true copy. Additional copies of orders shall be supplied against
application and payment of the charges, prescribed under the Act, to the CPIO of this Commission.