SPEED POST 09-06-2015
MOST URGENT AND MOST IMMEDIATE
To Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pensions), Draupadi Ghat, Allahabad- 211014
SUB:- Intimation about the irregularities & illegalities deliberately incorporated in the pension case of shri A K Maini, voluntarily retired scientist ‘H’ & director, LASTEC, Delhi (DRDO, MOD) submitted in may 2015 with the request not to sanction pension to him before removal of all irregularities & illegalities from the same
Respected sir, With extreme humility & guided solely by the public interest to save the public exchequer from illegal enhanced payment of pensionary benefits to shri A K Maini, voluntarily retired scientist ‘H’ & director LASTEC, Delhi, DRDO, MOD (voluntarily retired on 09-06-2014), the following irregularities & illegalities deliberately incorporated in the pension claim of shri A K Maini submitted in may 2015 to the office of your goodself are brought to your kind notice for immediate action in the form of to hold on the admitting the claim of pension to shri A K Maini submitted by the office of Director, LASTEC, Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi pin-110054.
- No formal hometown declaration document has been submitted by shri A K Maini during his entire service in DRDO w e f 1978 to 09-06-2014.
- No entry of hometown declaration existed in the 2nd page of the service book of Maini for complete 20 years i.e. w e f 1978 to 1998.
- An entry declaring hometown at the address of Delhi was made by Maini in his own handwriting in 1999.
- An additional entry of changed hometown address at Jammu was again inserted later on by Maini in his own handwriting in different inks in his service book without mentioning the date of such insertion.
- No D.O. PART-II was published for the changed place of the hometown i.e. of Jammu.
- No correspondence exists in any official document of LASTEC, Delhi for obtaining permission of the competent authority for change of hometown of
- Both the entries of hometown in the service book of Maini were made by Maini himself in two (02) different inks at two different times and he miserably failed to submit cogent reasons for the same in response to the comments sought from him officially.
- Maini availed many times Hometown LTCs to Jammu i.e. at the changed place of Hometown inserted in his service book by himself without approval of the competent authority.
- This conduct of Maini was officially brought to the notice of DRDO HQ New Delhi & DRDO HQ referred the matter to the LAO (R&D), Sharma, at METCALFE House Civil Lines Delhi who gave 02 (two) conflicting advices as follows i.e. the advice – (01) to recover the entire amount of hometown LTCs availed by Maini during his entire service in DRDO with penal interest, the advice (02) to let go the pension papers of Maini without any recovery.
- Illegal special pay @ Rs 4,000 has been paid to Maini during his service as scientist ‘G’ in DRDO, MOD violating the extant rules in this regard.
- The illegally sanctioned & drawn special pay @ Rs 4,000 by Maini was illegally taken into account for fixation of pay when he was promoted to the post of scientist ‘H’ in DRDO on 01-07-2010.
- He has been illegally overpaid @ Rs 4,000 & allowances thereof during the entire period w e f 01-07-2010 to till his voluntary retirement on 09-06-2014.
- Accordingly he has been sanctioned more pension then his legitimate entitlement by the Director, LASTEC, Delhi due to wrong fixation of his basic pay as on 01-07-2010.
- Pension papers of Maini has been submitted to the ofiice of your goodself without effecting the recovery of the Hometown LTCs amount reimbursed to Maini & without withholding any amount from the entitlement of retirement gratuity to
- No formal or informal action has been taken against Maini either at the level of the O/O Director, LASTEC, Delhi or at the level of DRDO HQ New Dehi for the particular conduct of Maini with regard to 02 (two) different entries of Hometown declaration made by him in his own service book in his own handwriting in two different inks changing the Hometown without any authority.
- Maini has been lobbying in PCDA (p), Allahabad in last week to any how get issued PPO in his favour hurriedly without letting to know about the irregularities & illegalities deliberately incorporated in the pension claim submitted by O/O Director, LASTEC, Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi pin-110054 to the O/O PCDA (P) Allahabad.
- The pension papers have been submitted on the date when officer in charge of the pension cell of the O/O Director, LASTEC, Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi pin-110054 was present by affixing the earlier date (i.e. the date on which the officer-in-charge of the pension cell was on leave) then the actual date of signing the forwarding letter by some other officer.
- Maini submitted false annual immovable property returns every year in his entire service stating in writing that “He & members of his family did not have any immovable property”.
- Maini have been residing at Mayur Vihar,Phase- I Delhi,house belonging either to him or to the members of his family and he has been drawing HRA during his more than 36 years of service in the O/O Director, LASTEC, Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi pin-110054 still he falsely submitted nil immovable property returns.
- This fact mentioned in point no 18 above was brought to the notice of the DRDO HQ by the whistle blower of the corruption and misconducts done by Maini but no action has been taken as yet by the DRDO HQ New Delhi in that regard.
- A proposal of vigilance clearance was submitted by the office of Director of vigilance & security, DRDO HQ,New Delhi to the O/O Director vigilance (MOD) disregarding the material facts mentioned in point no 18 & 19 above which led to issuance of wrong vigilance clearance to Maini by the office of Director ( vigilance) MOD under the O/O CVO of MOD.
- K D Nayak, DG (MED & CoS) holding the additional charge of DG (ECS) illegally pressurized & issued show cause notices to Director, LASTEC, Delhi & to Dy. Director (Admin) LASTEC for not turning the blind eye to the irregularities & illegalities pertaining to the pension claim of his Friend Maini and for not submitting the pension claims of Maini immediately to the O/O pcda (P) Allahabad irrespective of any irregularity & illegality. I, therefore, request your good self to kindly act swiftly &with utmost due diligence keeping in view the above mentioned material facts to protect the public interest. You are also requested to call for the concerned original pension fileof the LASTEC Delhi including the original note sheets containing the comments of the officer-in-charge of the pension cell of the O/O Director, LASTEC, Metcalfe House, Civil Lines, Delhi pin-110054 which will spill all the beans.
Prabhu Dandriyal, 21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun-248008 Phone 0135- 2787750, Mobile 9411114879, e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org website www.corruptionindrdo.com