To, 11 June 2015 Shri Manohar Parrikar, Defence Minister, Room No -104 South Block, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi-110011
SUBJECT: CORRUPTION IN ARUNODAYA PROGRAMME OF DRDO IN CASE OF CIVIL HIRED VEHICLE AT DRL BY DR. VIJAY VEER, DIRECTOR , DEFENCE RESEARCH LABORATORY (DRL), TEZPUR, DRDO, MIN. OF DEFENCE
- Defence Research Laboratory (DRL), Tezpur (Assam) is an establishment under Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence.
- Vijay Veer, Scientist ‘G’ is Director, DRL, Tezpur with effect from 01 March 2012 and Mr. Baikuntha Jyoti Gogoi (B.J. Gogoi), Scientist ‘D’ is Nodal Officer of Programme Arunodaya at DRL, Tezpur.
- Manas Kumar Mandal, Distinguished Scientist is Director General of the Life Sciences Cluster with effect from 02 September 2013. Dr. Mandal was a Professor of Psychology at the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT, Kharagpur, prior to joining DRDO and his recruitment in DRDO is mystery well known to CVO, MOD and DRDO.
- The Arunodaya Programme was sanctioned by GOI letter No. DGLS/DRL/P(TD)/14-15/99/1957/D(R&D) dated 25 August 2014 and DPC letter No. DRDO/DPC/DIR/32500/LS/2014 dated 27 August 2014 signed by Ms. Nabnita R Krishnan, Director, Directorate of Planning & Coordination (DPC), DRDO HQ. Total cost of the Programme is about Rs. 38 crore with PDC of 05 Years (Aug 2014 to Aug 2019).
- Under the guidance and approval of Dr. Manas Kumar Mandal Life Sciences cluster planned a project known as ARUNODAYA PROGRAMME “Soldier Preparedness in High Mountain of NE Region: Arunodaya Programme” with Project No. TD/14-15/DRL-99 and Cost about Rs. 18 crore was sanctioned to DRL, Tezpur.
- DRL, Tezpur is nodal laboratory of Arunodaya Programme. Mr. H.K. Gogoi, Scientist ‘F’ is Project Coordinator and Mr. Baikuntha Jyoti Gogoi, Scientist ‘D’ is Nodal Officer of Arunodaya Programme.
- The business of eating and looting public money has started in this Arunodaya Programme by Mr. B.J. Gogoi and Dr. Vijay Veer under patronage of Dr. Manas Kumar Mandal, DG, Life Sciences. One such example of corruption is submitted as case study.
- Draft (not Minute Sheet/ Statement of Case) dated 11 December 2014 under Programme Arunodaya from Programme Office, Arunodaya, DRL, Tezpur initiated by Mr. B.J. Gogoi, Scientist ‘D’, Nodal Officer for “Provision of Civil Hired Transport (Light Vehicle- 4×4 Mahindra Scorpio Diesel or Equivalent) on monthly rental basis for Programme Office Arunodaya at DRL, Tezpur for the year 2015”. The same was approved by Dr. Vijay Veer, Director, DRL on 12 December 2014. Copy enclosed
- The Project No. S&T-09/DIH-116 entitled “Development of Specific Technologies to meet the fresh food requirement of Armed Forces under different Operational Environments” was sanctioned by DRDO HQ vide letter No. DLS/79/99705/DIH-116/745/D(R&D) dated 31 March 2009 in which DRL, fund of Rs. 1484 Lakh was sanctioned to DRL, Tezpur in the said project and there was provision of procurement of vehicle with fund of Rs. 9.0 Lakh. Copy of the relevant sanction for procurement of vehicle under project fund
- Tata Safari was purchased under the project with approximate cost of Rs. 8.5 lakh in year of 2011. As a matter of fact, DRL, Tezpur is already having a project vehicle Tata Safari with Registration No. 11B108688Y that was purchased under the Project No. S&T-09/DIH-116 sanctioned in April 2009. Since the project is completed hence this project vehicle should be used in any other project and there was no need of hired transport as DRL, Tezpur was already having project vehicle. Photo of the said Project Vehicle Tata Safari is enclosed.
- B.J. Gogoi, Scientist ‘D’ and Dr. Vijay Veer, Director make a master plan for looting public money by hiring 4×4 Mahindra Scorpio vehicle at about 8 lakhs/year. If their intensions were positive they would have thought of purchasing such vehicle rather than hiring the same at 8 lakhs/year, despite the Tata Safari (Project Vehicle) was already available with DRL.
- In the demand dated 12.12.2014, under point (2) of Note at page no. 2, it is stated that “The firms are registered/will be got registered before tender enquiry”. According the demand dated 12.12.2014 initiated by Mr. M.G. Vairale, Scientist ‘C’ & MTO and countersigned by Mr. B.J. Gogoi, Scientist ‘D’. This demand was endorsed by Store Officer and OI/C Budget & Project Cell.
- As per the demand, the tender enquiry was floated to following seven firms. In demand the column of registration No. is blank for all vendors, which itself proves that none of the vendors were registered at DRL, Tezpur as per basic requirement of Purchase Manual 2006.
- In scope of work under point (1) Service, it is stated “Provision of Vehicles registered as Commercial Vehicles with licensed drivers” but the hired vehicle provided by the contractor is having white number plate with Registration No. AS 25 E 1645, Blue Color Mahindra XUV. In case this vehicle have been registered as commercial vehicle at RTO then it should have been having yellow number plate and should have been registered as Commercial Vehicle(Taxi). This establish the Vehicle No. AS 25 E 1645 is personal vehicle and not the commercial vehicle. The indenter, nodal officer as well as Director are fully aware of this fact and it grossly violated the scope of work and terms & condition of the contract agreement. Photo of hired vehicle at DRL – Mahindra XUV 500 REG No. AS 25 E 1645 enclosed.
- The contract is for 12×7 = 84 Hours /Week but in DRDO office hours are 09:00 to 17:30 and 05 days week, then how hired vehicle was utilized 12 hours per day and seven days in week. This proves the contract is bogus and main objective is misappropriation of public fund by Mr. B.J. Gogoi and Dr. Vijay Veer on the name of hired vehicle.
- Two Project Vehicles may be purchased hardly within one month as there was provision of Rs. One crore in sanction of the project for hired vehicle/transport but why till date vehicles were not purchased? The answer is very simple – corruption and eating money by Nodal Officer and Director.
- Through Investigation and Verification of Registration of vehicle as Commercial Vehicle, Entries in the Log Book of the said vehicle, Service Tax payment by vendor to Custom & Excise Department, Tour Program/Movement Order/ Tour Claims of official of DRL and bill submitted by vendor to DRL will itself show the whole conspiracy on the name of Hired Vehicle at DRL, Tezpur in Arunodaya Programme.
- There are several such cases are available in DRL, Tezpur regarding fake claim and misappropriation of public fund in hired vehicles.
Therefore in light of above mentioned facts and evidences following actions are requested.
- Cancel the contract immediately to save public money as Project Vehicle Tata Safari is available at DRL, Tezpur.
- To procure two new project vehicles at earliest
- Through investigation of all procurement/contracts cases etc in Arunodaya Project made by Mr. B.J. Gogoi till now.
Prabhu Dandriyal, 21-Sunderwala, Raipur Dehradun-248008 Email email@example.com website- www.corruptionindrdo.com
Enclosed:- documentary evidences mentioned above
Copy to: Maj Gen. Ajay Gupta, Director, Dte of Vigilance & Security, DRDO Bhawan, Rajaji Marg, New Delhi -110105
With reference to your Directorate letter no DVS/02/2052/P/26 dated 25 May 2015 (copy enclosed) as this project vehicle is using as staff car putting red beacon with front mounted Director, DRL name plate proves the use
These days this kind of corrupt practice is very common in DRDO but this DRL case of hired vehicle is very strange. On name of Soldier Preparedness and NE Development looting is shameful. Strict action warranted in the matter.
Retired Scientist says
What DVS , DRDO HQ doing, not able to implement the orders of Defence Secretary and its own orders dated 25 May 2015. Would DGR&D & Secretary, DRDO would take action against Dr. Mandal, Dr. Vijay Veer and Mr. BJ Googi. At least this organisation should follow their own policy & guidelines.
समझ लो इशारा says
चलता चलता है अब डी.आर.एल. में नहीं चलेगा , जब डी.आर.डी.ओ. में नहीं चला तो डी.आर.एल में कैसे?
remove corruption says
आपने बाप की जायदाद समझ के खा रहे है यह सारे डि आर डि ओ के अधिकारी
Heena G says
Dr BJ Gogoi is enjoying since he got Arunodaya project. No science and only leadure trips to scenic Tawang. No facility created at salary and tawang, anyone can check on ground. This vehicle (XUV 500) hired for personal benefit and Mr Gogoi is properly using it for his own use under the enable mentorship bosses. Recently he visited many places such as Meghalaya in the same vehicle under temporary duty for Arunodaya project work. Remind you that Mr Gogoi is famous for purchasing liquir using Govt fund. Now he got the project. Samjah lo ishara.
Oh GOD…Naukari ho to aisi..
Unfortunate Scientist Awaz says
Unfortunate to us and how the project is get green flags and the officer manages to all including the reviewer, expert and the final execution bodies. Finally the project manger or director in PM is one of the responsible wards. As far the knowledge, this project is first sanctioned projects and complied by some scientist group in hurry and they have no contributions in the DRDO scientist. But are fantastic manager in all aspects including the getting promotion in timely and DRDO required to create post scientist –Z for them.
Observable points to be observed in this project if the enquiry set up
1. Capital work (infra structure) value is almost 700 Lakh: The point is that project leader and work officer is same, double munafa. Sath dene bela ka kami nehi hey.
2. Stores : almost 750Lakh: The point is to make biodigester (the technology is not established in high altitude area, already installed one and the report obtained poor from user side and the people cannot forget the Dhamara issue). How again the biodigester is going to installed?
Customized defender net, insect repellent etc: Have you seen any mosquitoes at subzero temperature? Wondering science and eye witnessing episode of science.
3. Transport (almost 100 Lakh): The most interesting points and sabse accha munafa. The fact is that only hiring vehicle to selected vendors has no creditability and even has no any single car. Just working as becholia and % share holder.
4. Machinery Equipment (almost 300 Lakhs): This included project vehicles.
Now may be ask the question how the project framed
1. No research, no accountability. More than 75% money is logistics/buildings/car purchase etc where the chance of audit objection is very less. Definitely some people will be benefited by adding more wealth in his pocket including more flats, manage promotions in timely.
2. When in the project has already had the project car why the transport was sanctioned?
3. Another hidden story, unavailability of guest house, hired a house without any proper tender. Sometimes the peoples are living there and claiming the full DA
4. Demonstrated product: Not a single product introduced in Army or services because the lack of technical failure including quality check, no certification through services or no proper trial. No full proof product is going to be demonstrated in this project. We are multiple times telling the safe food product, life support bio engineering product, safe human waste disposal who told “safe” you or us like unfortunate scientist? Remember in the judiciary system it is an offence.
5. When the project is framed the pure technocrat is not there only “app hamko dekho mein bhi apko dekengey project se” The project can be evaluated with technocrat team, independent project review committee
Vehicle registration plates of India
All motorised road vehicles in India are tagged with a registration or licence number. The licence plate(commonly known as number plate) number is issued by the district-level Regional Transport Office (RTO) of respective states — the main authority on road matters. The licence plates are placed in the front and back of the vehicle. By law, all plates are required to be in modern Arabic numerals with Latin letters. Other guidelines include having the plate lit up at night and the restriction of the fonts that could be used. In some states such as Sikkim, cars bearing outside plates are barred from entering restricted areas.
Vehicle registration plates are formatted as follows:
• Plates for private car and two-wheeler owners have black lettering on a white background (e.g., MH 09 MD 7987).
• Commercial vehicles such as taxis and trucks have a yellow background and black text (e.g., TN 14 CA 1212).
• Commercial vehicles available on rent for self-drive have yellow lettering on a black background (e.g., WB 19 MD 8192).
Military vehicles have a unique numbering system unlike any other licence numbers. The numbers are registered by the Ministry of Defence in New Delhi. The first (or the third) character is an upward-pointing arrow. This is known as a Broad Arrow, whose origins lie in the UK Office of Ordnance and is still used in many parts of the British Commonwealth on assorted army items, not just vehicles. The next two digits (or the two succeeding the arrow) signify the year in which the Military procured the vehicle. The next is the base code, followed by the serial number. The letter ending after the serial number indicates the class of the vehicle (e.g. ↑10A266162W).
Rightly said. Double profits from works and the nodal officer. It is quite unfortunate to all of the DRL family for some corrupt scientist the name is destroying. Now in DRL the MMG head is most powerful man and closest man because earning capacity. It is true in the family the highest earning member gets more privilege.
Central vigilance should enquire their assets including flats, big car etc immediately
Priority people getting the benefit using official car in personal use. Recently car was used to drop a officer and his family into Guwhati. MTO send the staff and halted in night and finally dropped the officer in railway station (footage is available).
Dear TC who is that genious scientist. Please name.
Government Vehicle also misutilize in DIHAR. Dr Chaurasia use Govt vehicle for drop and pickup of family at Chandigarh during LTC and personal visit. Dr Bharati use Govt vehicle for pick family from station recently. Only influence people get vehicle for personal use and STA not get vehicle even for office duty. Director think he change things in DIHAR but all is same. He not know about what happen in his back. Officer together make him fool.
Dear ABC collect proper evidences then see the result like RUSTOM – II vehicle case or HEMRL Innova case
HEMRL Innova case was deposit in Hyderabad after expense of Rs.750000 and matter was close by Director HEMRL & his corrupt expert team member. big corruption big promotion this is the policy of DRDO.
Nothing is written against N Singh of Dihar but all know that he is most corrupt of all. STA ko kyo badnam karte ho. Check and audit his purchases and work contracts to some selected vendours of Ambala. Do the technical audit will find that most of equipments not used for once even. Interogate his Srinagar tour, lot of gift items. Allah sab janta he. Fair enquiry should be initiated against him.
Dear Allah you are right. Collect the evidences then see results.
ABC science says
Dear friend DRDO having so many fake outstanding scientist. One and more is in DIHAR, Sunil Kumar Hota , Sc D. Mastered in corruption in store and project work. Ask DIHAR and DIPAS scientists and staffs and jrfs. He is fully corrupt and no integrity.
Dr Hota has developed many western blots in dark rooms of DIPAS, one can still be seen. Got to know that raw data for his first 2 papers was investigated in DIPAS but never found. Those who used fake data, flattery and corruption to make stepping-stones in getting the job, no doubt that they will continue the same on-the job. Now trained more professionally to cover under the table earnings. Focus is personal development but not the science or nation.
Dear ABC scientist dont worry for him. We mnow you very well. You tell what you done is 15 years? Always uesd poor juniors for personal purpose to make money and get benefits but kabhi kisi ki help nhi ki. Director ko dosh dene se kuch nhi hota, apne gireban me jhank kar dekho.