Dear Dr Saraswat Ji Jaihind
I am really shocked to see the reaction of our country on the prevailing corruptions in DRDO. Whenever you are free please try to feel the agony of our country, because you are the only person who can initiate or take action to stop the flow of corruption in DRDO which is flowing from top to bottom.
Sting op shows bulletproof jacket trials were rigged
Question mark over procurement of jackets after DRDO scientist is stung claiming the trials were rigged
New Delhi: The procurement of 59,000 bulletproof jackets for paramilitary forces, including the National Security Guard, is under a cloud.
A sting operation by a disqualified bidder purportedly features a Joint Director of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) — who monitored the jackets’ testing process — as claiming that he had first rigged the trials and could now “undo the damage.”
The tape, obtained by The Indian Express, was submitted to the Home Ministry by a security firm which had supplied 20,000 bulletproof jackets to the Government last year but failed to make the cut this time.
The 25-minute tape is said to feature R K Varma, Joint Director of DRDO’s Terminal Ballistic Research Laboratory near Chandigarh, the venue of the jacket trials.
People, Media and Government Agencies are talking about a lot of these kinds of issues, but as the Head of DRDO organization, you are fully aware of the facts and know who are the culprits and where the lacuna is in the system. In only 20 years of my service, in very small position, I also became aware the corruption mechanism which is prevailing in DRDO. So you, who are Super Technocrat and involved deeply in each and every important activity of DRDO since 1972, would definitely be aware of all these malpractices too.
Please do take urgent and needful action and that I am certain will become an important milestone in the history of DRDO.
People’s reaction on bulletproof jacket
08 January 2010 12:24:05
- DRDO is the SYNONYM FOR HYDRA-HEADED CORRUPTION of GOVT.OF INDIA.
- The Media should FOCUS AND HIGHLIGHT THE DRDO or the DEVILS REPAIR AND DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP.
- Every contract in DRDO is given ONLY AGAINST “CUTS” to the SARDAR especially waiting there to collect. No “kickbacks” NO CONTRACTS….as simple as that…
- Whether it be BULLET-PROOF JACKETS or MISSILES,SUB-MACHINE GUNS or AMMUNITION,ROCKETS OR AIRCRAFT PARTS OR ANY BIG GUNS….NO HAFTA NO CONTRACTS..
- Do U know why our Missiles are required to be “tested 100%” i.e. EVERY Defence Rocket MUST BE TESTED,every VIJAYANTA TANK must be tried,EVERY SUBMARINE must be TESTED 100%.
- Why does “Defence Development” take so long?
- Why does it take AGES to REFIT SUKHOIS or SUBMARINES???
- Answer lies in CORRUPTION OF THE HIGHEST ORDER in DRDO….
- Just pay the Money or your PRODUCT will be “FAILED AGAIN AND AGAIN”…
- Repercussion: Our Troops in Jammu N KASHMIR are killed more regularly than the Militants..
- HIGH LEVEL CORRUPTION IS GOING ON FOR YEARS IN DRDO…NOBODY KNOWS WHERE THE HEAD IS AND WHERE THE TAIL OF THIS MONSTER IS..
08 January 2010 13:47:52
This is extremely sick but literally not shocking as corruption is the latest fundamental right of the Indian public servants. In every government dept. be it the railways or Public works department contracts are always given to the people with high political contacts. I know a person in the northern railways . He openly boasted that he took a bribe of 8 lakh rupees for passing a contract and he was the chief engineer. Such shameless and crooked people are managing the state of affairs of our country.
I wonder why people like varma are not tried for mass murders. Security personnel risk their lives for the country leaving back their families and Varma’s are busy making money out of the precious lives. The Bloody **** should be hanged!!
08 January 2010 13:17:33
Let this traitor Verma face the firing squad wearing the same bullet proof jacket he says fit for our poor jawans.
08 January 2010 12:54:12
Hey Ram !!
08 January 2010 12:48:55
Who is more terrifying…Kasab or “The Indian Democracy” which runs on the fuel called corruption?
08 January 2010 12:29:47
Any one involve in such corruption must be tried for a crime of murder with pre planning and they must face the same fate as of a criminal.
08 January 2010 12:07:01
This is disgusting. These people are doing business with lives of our Jawans and Police. These people should be hanged. Corruption has become like a cancer in our society and its slowly eroding the entire system. who will stop this… when this will stop..