SUBJECT : REQUEST FOR CONSTITUTION OF SPECIAL INVESTIGATING TEAM (SIT) FOR INVESTIGATION OF COMPLAINTS OF CORRUPTION AGAINST DR. A.K. SAXENA, DIRECTOR, DMSRDE, KANPUR UNDER DRDO, MIN. OF DEFENCE.
I humbly submit your kind attention towards corruption in tunes of crores at Defence Materials & Stores Research & Development Establishment (DMSRDE), Kanpur, an establishment under Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena was appointed as Scientist ‘C’ on 28.04.1984 in DMSRDE, Kanpur and since then he is continuously posted at DMSRDE, Kanpur from past 30 years. He was never transferred from DMSRDE, Kanpur and since the date of his posting he is working at Kanpur. The roots of the Dr. Saxena while working at DMSRDE, Kanpur has become so deep that he was involved in various activities involving the financial and administrative irregularities that leads corruption in DMSRDE.
Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena, Scientist ‘G’ was appointed as Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur wef 01 January 2011. In spite of the fact that he has been involved in various financial and administrative irregularities , Dr. Saxena was promoted to the rank of Scientist ‘H’ wef 02 August 2012 and since then he is holding the rank of Scientist ‘H’ and working as Director, DMSRDE.
The right from his appointment as Director, he was involved in various kinds of administrative and financial irregularities that lead corruption in tunes of crores. Several complaints were made against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena to then Defence Minister.
I am an RTI activist and social worker running a website corruptionindrdo.com to expose the corruption in DRDO. I also made as far as 12 complaints regarding corruption in procurements of various instruments, equipment and materials in DMSRDE by DMSRDE officials to Central Vigilance Commission, Hon’ble Defence Minister and DGR&D, DRDO. These complaints were filed by me during 29 Nov 2013 to 11 June 2014. Total cost of store items procured against which complaints were filed is about Rs. 7.5 crore. A complete list of complaints filed by me to CVC and Hon’ble Defence Minister is enclosed as Enclosure-1.
All the aforesaid complaints made by me have been endorsed by Central Vigilance Commission (CVC). CVC has taken cognizance of aforesaid complaints and registered on prima facia. These complaints have been forwarded to Chief Vigilance Office (CVO), Ministry of Defence for further enquiry/investigation of the aforesaid complaints. Under the provisions of RTI Act 2005 the CPIO, CVC vide letter no. CVC/RTI/13/1862/241925 dated 18.03.2014 informed to me that his complaints have been forwarded to CVO (MOD) for investigation. Letter enclosed as Enclosure-2.
Under RTI Act, CPIO, CVO MOD informed that all complaints have been forwarded to Director, Vigilance & Security, DRDO for further inquiry and asked the consolidated report from DRDO vide their letter dated 04 August 2014. Letter enclosed as Enclosure-3.
Meantime, a Fact Finding Inquiry Committee (FFIC) was constituted by Shri Avinash Chander, DG, DRDO under chairmanship of Dr S S Negi to inquire the complaints against Dr. A.K. Saxena. The Fact Finding Inquiry Committee visited DMSRDE, Kanpur on 13th – 14th, March 2014 for inquiry on the complaints submitted against Dr. A.K. Saxena. The said committee submitted its report to Shri Avinash Chander action only GOD knows the truth.
Shri Avinash Chander again set up second Fact Finding Inquiry Committee in which Chairman was equivalent rank to Dr. Saxena and three junior officers were members of the Fact Finding Inquiry Committee. The second FFIC was constituted under chairmanship of Dr. D.C. Pandey, Scientist ‘H’, LRDE, Bangalore and three members Sri Hari Babu Srivastava, Scientist ‘G’, Sri Jagdeep, Scientist ‘F’ and Sri R.S. Mehta, Joint Director. The said committee visited DMSRDE, Kanpur recently on 9-10 July 2014. Therefore constitution of two FFIC by Shri Avinash Chander establishes that there were complaints against Dr. A.K. Saxena but to give him patronage and support the Shri Avinash Chander set up illegal FFIC. This second FFIC also submitted its report to Shri Avinash Chander but still no action against Dr. A.K Saxena took place by DRDO.
Sir , Shri Avinash Chander was supporting the corrupt practices at DMSRDE, Kanpur. In this connection I again submitted complaints to Hon’ble Prime Minister and Hon’ble Defence Minister in October-November 2014.
Despite since long time all 12 complaints are still pending with Director (Vig.) & CVO (MOD), South Block, New Delhi and no action has been taken so far.
Dr. A.K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE is going to retire on 31 July 2015 and only five months remain for his superannuation. To give safe passage to safely retire to Dr. A.K. Saxena even after making corruption in tunes of crores is totally against the Government policy of “Zero Tolerance for Corruption”.
Therefore to take speedy action in the corruption cases of DMSRDE registered by CVC and forwarded to CVO (MOD), I kindly request high level Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigation and speedy action against corrupt officials of DMSRDE, Kanpur.
21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Phone 0135- 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879,
e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org website www.corruptionindrdo.com
- List of complaints/cases filed to CVC and Defence Minister against Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur.
- Letter CVC/RTI/13/1862/241925 dated 18.03.2014 from CVC.
- Letter from CVO(MOD) dated 04 Aug 2014.INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CVC ON COMPLAINTS AGAINST ARVIND KUMAR SAXENA, DIRECTOR, DMSRDE, KANPURRTI was filed to CVC on 29 Jan 2014 and ACPIO replied vide letter No. CVC/RTI/13/1862-24017 that “Information has been gathered, a suitable reply will be sent shortly”.Vide letter No. CVC/RTI/13/1862/241925 dated 18.03.2014 CPIO, CVC informed that:
- Complaint dated 29.11.2013 was sent for necessary action to CVO, MOD vide OM No. 1323/2014/V9 dated 30.01.2014.
- Compliant dated 17.12.2013 was sent for necessary action to CVO, MOD vides OM No. 2056/2014/V9 dated 19.02.2014.
- Complaints dated 24.12.2013, 26.12.2013, 22.01.2014 have been received in the Commission and their complaint Nos. are 5022/2014/Vigilance9, 4967/2014/ Vigilance9 & 5387/2014/Vigilance9 respectively. These complaints are under consideration in the Commission.
- Complaints dated 28.12.2013, 06.01.2014 & 09.01.2014 have been received and these have been sent to CVO, MOD for necessary action vide Commissions OM No. 30714/2013/Vigilance9 dated 26.12.2013, 3617/2014/Vigilance9 dated 10.03.2014 respectively.
- Complaints dated 12 Jan 2014, 06 Feb 2014 & 03 March 2014 are consideration of Commission.
- Complaint dated 11 June 2014 has been forwarded to CVO (MOD) for further action.