THE CENTRAL INFORMATION COMMISSION
August Kranti Bhavan, Bhikaji Kama Place
NEW DELHI 110066
Appeal / Complaint No. ________dated__________
[For office use only]
As I am aggrieved by decision/no decision of Central Public Information Officer and First Appellate Authority, I hereby file this appeal/complaint for your kind decision
1. Details of appellant/complainant
1.1 Full Name: Prabhu Dayal Dandriyal
1.2. Full Address: 21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun, Uttarakhand Pin 248008
1.3 Phone/Cell No.: 0135-2787750
Cell No 09411114879
2. Details of CPIO
2.1 Name/Designation: Sh. S.Ravi, Additional Director, DRDO Hqrs.
2.2 Full Address: Room No 314 A, DRDO Bhawan, Rajaji Marg, New Delhi – 110105
2.3 Name of Public Authority: DRDO, Ministry of Defence
3. Details of First Appellate Authority [FAA]:
3.1 Name/Designation of the FAA: Sh. S Sundaresh, CC R&D,
3.2 Full Address of FAA: Room No 414 A , DRDO Bhawan, Rajaji Marg, New Delhi -110105
4. Dates of RTI application/first appeal:
4.1 To CPIO 7th June 2010 & mailed on: 7th June 2010
4.2 To FAA: 20th July 2010 & mailed on: 20th July 2010
5. Particulars of Decisions:
5.1 Reference No & Date of CPIO’s Decision: DIITM/02/2091/P/2010 dated 18th June 2010
5.2 Reference No & Date of FAA’s Decision: DIITM/02/2091/P/2010-19 dt 16th August 2010
5.3 Date/s of personal hearing by FAA: No personal hearing by FAA
6. Dates of receipt of replies by appellant/complainant from:
6.1 CPIO: 21st June 2010
6.2 FAA: 19th August 2010
7. Details of information sought: My RTI to CPIO, DRDO Hqrs. 7th June 2010
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
With Reference to Dr Prahlada, DS & CC R&D (Ae & SI)
- After taking his charge as CC R&D at DRDO Hqrs, how many days he stayed in DRDO Hqrs up to 31st March 2010
- How many temporary duties to Hyderabad he had been with total stay at Hyderabad.
- How much in total TA/DA he has drawn year wise from his joining as CC R&D at DRDO up to 31st March 2010.
With Reference to Shri RC Agarwal, Director DEAL, Dehradun
- After taking his charge as Director DEAL, Dehradun , how many days he stayed in Dehradun up to 31st March 2010
- How many temporary duties to Bangalore he had been with total stay at Bangalore
- How much in total TA/DA he has drawn year wise from his joining as Director, DEAL up to 31st March 2010.
8. Brief facts of the case:
The information sought for is not related to end senior officer in his individual/personal capacity but in his capacity being a public authority.
Too frequent visit to a particular destination on Government expenses require to justify and as to how much it was beneficial to the organization and how much to the officer especially when he belongs to that particular destination. It appe
ars that the permanent residence is his Hqrs and place of posting is a temporary duty station. The frequent move availability of the officer in the Hqrs. station may lead to problem of command and control and discipline, which may hamper the progress and led to undue delay and time and cost overrun to ongoing projects of DRDO.
In this particular case I requested the TD details of Dr. Prahlada, Appellate Authority, CC R&D (Ae & SI) & DS, who is staying C-7 Qutab Enclav, DRDO guest house since his posting to DRDO Hqrs, for him most of time he took his breakfast in his Hyderabad residence and lunch in DRDO Hqrs and evening for dinner he was again back to his Hyderabad residence. Please see his TD detail and then decide.
Second one is Shri RC Aggarwal, Director DEAL, Dehradun, since his posting he use to out from DEAL, Dehradun almost more than 250 days out of 365 days. How can the armed forces expect trustworthy products from these so called senior scientists?
There more 9-10 CC R&D and Directors who are belongs to Hyderabad and Bangalore and their families are staying Hyderabad and Bangalore respectively and they all are staying in DRDO guest houses they are giving their residence address in telephone directory at DRDO guest houses and enjoying HRA also. They are frequent fliers, they all are already break the Milkha Singh ‘s (Flying Sikh of India) records and relishing without fear with TD with poor tax payers money.
9. Reasons/grounds for this appeal / complaint:
i) It is clear cut case of corruption and nepotism and misappropriation of public funds.
ii) A holistic approach of expose the DRDO’s culture of Temporary duty Funda
10. Any other information in support of appeal/complaint:
11. Prayer/relief sought for:
i) It is requested that please provide me correct information as per request of my RTI dated 7th June 2010 in larger public interest, because it is directly related to poor tax payers money
12. Grounds for prayer/relief sought for:
13. Personal Presence at hearing: YES / NO –Yes
I hereby state that the information and particulars given above are true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I also declare that this matter is not previously filed with this commission nor is pending with any Court or tribunal or authority.
Place: Dehradun Date: 16th Nov 2010
Signature of appellant/complainant