Mr. Udaya Shankara K S AGM (Marketing), Bharat Electronics Limited Corporate Office, Outer Ring Road, Nagavara, Bangalore – 560 045
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect news published in Amar Ujala 24 February 2019 news clip enclosed.
- Provide the number of sexual harassment complaints received by Bharat Electronics Limited, Ghaziabad in last three years from 2017 to till date.
- Provide the number of sexual harassment case where Bharat Electronics Limited taken any action.
- Provide the details of action taken by BEL, Management.
- Whether complaint of sexual harassment were followed by Vishakha Guidelines Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 Yes or No
- If yes then provide the copy of constitution of inquiry committee. As per Vishakha Guidelines the Complaints Committee should be headed by a woman and not less than half of its member should be women. Further, to prevent the possibility of any undue pressure or influence from senior levels, such Complaints Committee should involve a third party, either NGO or other body who is familiar with the issue of sexual harassment.
- The disciplinary action taken against by BEL management against accused by BEL Management in sexual harassment complaints cases in BEL, Ghaziabad Unit.
- Provide the status of complainant of enclosed news paper published incident whether complainant still working or left the organization.
- If left then reason of resignation from service and date of resignation.
- Provide whether inquiry committee found any truth in sexual harassment complaint which mention in published incident in Amar Ujala 24 February 2019
- If yes than provide the details of penalty recommended by inquiry committee to accuse.
- Whether penalty recommended by inquiry committee to accuse were as per Vishakha Guidelines Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 Yes or No
Enclosed -Copy of news clip published in Amar Ujala 24 February 2019
Registration Number BELBL/R/2019/50099