Ex-Sub Dileep Kumar
House No 6/568, Svy No – 56, ApleGhar Society, Kharadi, Pune – 411014 Mobile 9405608273
08 May 2015
Shri NarenderModi,Hon’ble Prime Minister of India7 Race Course Road New Delhi
ShriManoharParrikarHon’bleDefence Minister and Chancellor, DIAT(DU) 104, South Block, New Delhi-110011
Mr RK MathurHon’ble Defence Secretary, 101-A, South Block, New Delhi
COMPLAINT AGAINST RECRUITMENT OF LABORATORY SUPERINTENDENT (ESTATE EXECUTIVE) AT DIAT (DU), GIRINAGAR, PUNE VIDE ADVERTISEMENT NO 02/2014 AND SCIENTIFIC OFFICER IN 2013
I, the above named ex-serviceman, retired from Indian Army,(Qualification of, Diploma in Civil Engineering , BE Civil & Post Graduate in Construction Management), would like to submit the following facts regarding manipulation and corruption in recruitment processes going on in DIAT, Girinagar, Pune :-
- DIAT(DU, Girinagar, Pune, published vacancy for the post of, Registrar, Scientific Officer and Superintendent in Apr 2013 and I applied for Scientific Officer, as my qualification and experience meeting their essential and preferential qualification.
- In mid of year 2013 they also published for a post of Estate Manager, later amended to Estate Consultant, on contract basis with lump sum payment of Rs 31,000/pm. I appeared for this post and was selected with joining date 06 Sep 2013. When I submitted my resignation to my present company, but my resignation was not accepted, which I intimated to DIAT well in advance.
- Again DIAT conducted a walk-in-interview for Estate Consultant but they did not get suitable candidate in interview in the month of Oct-Nov 13. When they didn’t get candidate, I was contacted in the moth of Dec 2013 by Registrar saying to meet him personally in the office. When I came, I was given a promise ”If I will join as Estate Consultant, they will select me for SO post, for which I applied, which is a permanent job with basic pay of 9300 and grade pay of Rs 5400/-), (as discussed in para1 above)”. I agreed happily and promised them to Join DIAT on 03 Jan 2014. As I was promised for a permanent job by top official of DIAT(DU) in basic pay of 9300 with 5400 grade pay, I forcefully got resignation from my present employer by giving up my one month salary about 75000/ (as I did not given them notice period of one month). But during joining I was mentally tortured by Mr AnantSubramaniam, Dy Registrar (Admin) for reason best known to him at that time in the name of documentation etc. But any how I joined DIAT on 13 Jan 2014. Later it was revealed that the reason for tortured by Anant sir was that the advertised post of Scientific Officers was already fixed for his candidate Mr SD Adilinge, who was later selected also, not only selected but his basic pay was increased from 9300 to 15600/- rewarding him being candidate of Dy Registrar (Admin) and ex-Navy, Registrar is also ex-navy, Sir my question is that if this post was for Rs 15600 basic pay(Class I Officer), why it was not published in advertisement. This is nothing but way ofhelping their own candidate by keeping higher office in dark/conceding facts.
- In between my duty in EWO, a case was initiated for Qtr No P 325/3, new multi-storeyed building (occupant Mr Ramesh A Jahangirdar, Finance Officer, DIAT). This quarter was from MILIT pool and MILIT as well as EMU was pressing hard to vacate the qtr. As quarter was in excellent condition Mr FO was not in mood to vacate the same. In correspondence process with MILIT, several time FO asked me for all connected files of that quarter from board stage to till date, but I refused to give them without consent of my boss Mr HN Sahu, EWO. At that very time I was threatened by FO that he will damage my career when time come. I did not care and kept doing my duty sincerely.
- In the month of February 2014 list of shortlisted candidates for interview(only two or three candidates) for SO was out but my name was not there. When I asked them, as I was already working there), they raised question of my experience and grade pay which I shown them through MES Regulation and my PPO, I retired from grade pay of 4600/-. As stated earlier also, Anant Sir never wanted me to be called for interview as I was having better qualification and experience than his candidate Mr Adlinge.But finally my candidature was not considered for interview and I got frustrated as I joined DIAT on pretext of this job only and not for Estate Consultant which was a temporary job with mere payment of Rs 31000/-pm, by leaving 75000/- PM from my previous company. Seeing corrupt recruitment process of DIAT, I put up resignation giving one week notice as per agreement made. My resignation was accepted by then Hon’ble VC, Mr Prahlada. I discontinued my service from DIAT.
- When I did not go to office after resignation, I was called several times by Registrar sir from his landline phone and mobile phone, but I did not respond to the call. Finally my wife attended the phone and was told to send me to office to meet him personally (Registrar sir). I went there and met him too and expressed my anguish. But finally I was convinced and told that a new post called Lab Superintendent (Estate Executive) will be created and will be given to me. But I had no faith in their false promises, as I already resigned from my previous company and resigned from DIAT too making me un-employed,so I decided to continue in DIAT till I get a new job in outside Construction Company. I kept on searching out side job from my old friend circle while doing duty at DIAT and got job in Apr 2014 and thereafter I put my resignation from DIAT and came out with effect from 15 May 2014.
- But keeping DIATtheir promise alive they published one vacancy vide by advertisement No 02/14 for Laboratory Superintendent (Estate Executive) in pay scale ofRs 9300 and grade pay 4200 which I also applied.This post has requirement of experience grade pay of 2800/- Luckily this timeI was called for written test and interview on 05 Dec 2014. But when I was in interview I was surprised to see the candidates who were called for interview were not having basic requirements of advertisement like grade pay of 2800/- and experience and some were fresher too, but were called for interview. If so is the process then why it wasnot followed for selecting SO earlier, the reason is very clear if I would have been called for interview their candidate Mr SD Adilinge, who is also from Ex-Navy (also Registrar sir is from Navy) would have not been selected because selection team for SO was from outside DIAT.
- Generally DIAT give result for selected candidates(if the candidate is of their choice) within maximum 1-2 days(as was done for SO) but for Lab Supdt no result has been published so far. On enquiry un-official it has come to notice that Finance Officer Mr Ramesh A Jahagirdar, also member of governing body, has raised objection that I am not fulfilling requirement of computer qualification. If it was so, then why I was called for interview. Actual ground fact is something different “As FO seen my name in selected list, he raised illogical objection of computer knowledge. If a candidate is Diploma in civil, BE in civil and Post Graduate, and experience of 22 years and MES as JE (Civil) where separate subject of computer is there(in all three degrees) with ‘C’ C+ languages. How these petty things can yield to rejection of selected candidate in written and interview in spite of having better computer qualification than required and has also worked for same post in DIAT.
- Sir, Finance Officer, DIAT, is so annoyed to me that he compelled DIAT administration to re-advertise same vacancy, without giving information of previous recruitment of the post,and kept this post in reserve category of OBC so that even I cannot apply for the post. Sir how previous advertisement of general category has become this time in reserve category of OBC. Ref advertisement of Lab Superintendent published vide DIAT advertisement No 03/2015.
- Sir I would like to bring following facts into your notice about the recruitment process in DIAT, Girinagar :-
- No selection in DIAT is fair and un-biased.
- No defined and firm recruitment policy exists in Institute which are changed according to the stature of the reference officer of DIAT.
- Vacancy is advertisedonly based on either recommendationfrom DIAT or some other intention not on actual requirement of the Institute.
- Only those candidates are selected against vacancy which has strong recommendation or great influence in the big post staff of institute.
- Candidates are being black mailed by giving hope for job.
- There is big nexus between some selected officialsof the Institute.
- Sir, though I worked in DIAT for merely 4.5 months but what I seen there is that single quoted tender of Rs 5 crore in 2014 in the name of “Data centre in Mechanical engineering dept”, where already centralised Data centre is functioning, was accepted. Which is entirely against the rules of Indian Contract Act 1872, as I have also prepared and accepted contract independently in CWE Udhampur for 3 years when was in MES. They not only accepted single tender but each item was overpriced, and entire running 11 split AC of 1.5ton capacity of the room was removed and thrown to scrap and replaced with new one. This is nothing but wastage of public money.
In view of the above, I would like your intervention in recruitment and functioning process of DIAT so that no eligible candidates like me are rejected from selected list due to personal interests of some maligned officers of institute. I think it will be great help if recruitment power of the institute is ceased and a proper enquiry is set to check the process adopted for selection of entire posts since 2013. The power of recruitment must be given to professional recruitment agency like CEPTAM or SSC.
In hope of proper enquiry and stringent action against the defaulter,
Copy to :
Dr Surendra Pal
Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, DIAT (DU)
Corruption in DRDO