Subject: Request to provide facility of filing online RTI applications for DRDO and give directive to DRDO to Honor the RTI act 2005 in right spirit to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
Reference: (i) My letter dated 16 April 2014 to Prime Minister with subject “Unconstitutional act of DoPT officials who are managing the Online RTI Portal and supporting corrupt officers of DRDO”
(ii) PMO reply ID No. 10/3/2014-PMP1/30140 dated 19th May 2014
(iii) DoPT Letter No.6/1/2014-IR dated 6/6/2014 copy to Sh Kaushal Kishor Pandey, SO, PMO, New Delhi
- www.corruptionindrdo.com continues to expose the corruption/nepotism prevailing in DRDO since the last four years. DRDO’s honest officials send corruption inputs from all DRDO establishments and with help of RTI’s and from internet information, the corruption inputs are regularly passed to the government and relevant agencies like CVC, IB, CBI etc.
- www.corruptionindrdo.com’s efforts recognized by honest officials of DRDO and website regularly getting corruption/nepotism inputs from each and every corner of the country. On basis of the points raised by the website, DRDO also took several corrective measures and constituted inquiry committees for examining the truths.
- In my 16th April 2014 letter I have requested Honorable Prime Minister to kindly take appropriate corrective measures against officials who are involved in unconstitutional acts and give strength to RTI- Act 2005. It has really empowered the common man. Also, fix those who are diluting the effectiveness of the strong RTI Act -2005.
- The online RTI portal “Guideline – An applicant who desires to obtain any information under the RTI Act 2005 can make a request through this RTI Online Portal to only the Central Public Authorities of main Ministries/Departments located at New Delhi initially”. In the first phase, this facility is available to Ministries/Departments/Apex Bodies mentioned in the list available in ‘GUIDELINES’, but there is no list available in RTI portal. Like Defence Ministry having several offices in New Delhi
- Sir, I have received a letter from DoPT Letter No.6/1/2014-IR dated 6/6/2014 copy to Sh Kaushal Kishor Pandey, SO, PMO, New Delhi in respect of reply my letter dated 16 April 2014 to Prime Minister with subject “Unconstitutional act of DoPT officials who are managing the Online RTI Portal and supporting corrupt officers of DRDO”
- In DoPT letter Sh R K Girdhar, Under Secretary (RTI) stated that “if you not satisfied with the reply of CPIO, may filed appeal before the first appellate authority in the same public authority u/s 19(i) of the RTI Act 2005” it seems that the letter forwarded by PMO was not even read by Sh R K Girdhar. It shows the seriousness of DoPT regarding RTI issues or Sh R K Girdhar just trying to shield the nodal officer.
- I have enclosed the remark of nodal officer not CPIO that they have returned with “You have filed more than 40 online RTI applications relating to DRDO on the address of Department of Defence which has been physically transferred to DRDO under intimation to you. DRDO is a separate public authority and is also placed under Second Schedule of the RTI Act, 2005. Therefore, your online RTI applications seeking information in r/o the DRDO and sent to Department of Defence will not be acted upon henceforth. You may directly send your application to the DRDO for the information.”
- Sh R K Girdhar, just overlooked the letter contents and send regular fixed reply without applying any mind. I don’t know RTI Act 2005 is a serious responsibility or just for feeding papers.
- Sir, after exposing the corruption / nepotism of DRDO’s senior officials because RTI Act-2005. Some officials suspended, some got charge sheet and some are in queue. Now DRDO officials are trying to make a wall for RTI Act 2005. Recently an unconstitutional letter issued by Dr. R B Sharma, CPIO, DRDO, Hqrs Cell on 8th March 2014 to all establishment/Lab show that they clearly made their policy not to give any RTI reply. (Copy enclosed) As per Sh R K Girdhar in one RTI reply in reference to that “any CPIO can compel to other CPIO not to give information under RTI” he stated that “There is no such policy of compelling or a CPIO being compelled by other PIO for not providing information to the information seeker. A PIO can be penalized by Information Commission under Section 20 of the RTI Act, 2005.”
- Further in 28th May 2005 a meeting was held under DRDO transparency officer Dr. Sudershan Kumar, DS and CC R&D (PC & SI). In that he told to all DRDO’s CPIO not to supply any information under RTI Act-2005. It can be verified by records of DRDO RTI cell that no information was passed after this decision to any RTI applicant.
- DRDO is in neck deep corruption/ nepotism/ favoritism and the reason being this DRDO is unproductive since last 15-20 years, don’t believe their data and dabas because when our forces will be ready to accept those then only our country will believe on DRDO, otherwise it will be only ok for 26 January republic show tableau .
- In view of the above, I request you Sir, the RTI is the only effective way to restrict corruption in DRDO. Please give directives to DRDO & DoPT to honor the RTI act 2005 in the right spiritto promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.
Regards Prabhu Dandriyal 21-Sunderwala, Raipur Dehradun-248008 Phone 0135- 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879,
e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.corruptionindrdo.com Enclosed: 1. My letter dated 16 April 2014 to Prime Minister 2. PMO reply ID No. 10/3/2014-PMP1/30140 dated 19th May 2014 3. DoPT Letter No.6/1/2014-IR dated 6/6/2014 4. Dr. R B Sharma, CPIO, DRDO, Hqrs Cell letter No RTI 04/2091/ P/ Policy dated 8th March 2014 Copy to –DR. SYAMAL KUMAR SARKAR,SECRETARY (P), Room No 112, North Block, New Delhi -110001