Subject: DRDO Corruption – Modus Operandi example prevailing corruption in DRDO labs
- www.corruptionindrdo.com continues exposing the corruption/nepotism prevailing in DRDO since the last four years. DRDO’s honest officials send corruption inputs from all DRDO establishments and with help of RTI’s and from internet information, the corruption regularly passed to government and relevant agencies like CVC, IB, CBI etc.
- DRDO has a great and noticeable procurement culture. Rice exporter supplying sophisticated missile/high end parts or tent suppliers supplying rare chemicals or mostly cases the computer AMC holder become expert high end laser to xyz supplier.
- Almost a dozen corruption cases of Defence Materials & Stores Research & Development Establishment (DMSRDE), DRDO, Kanpur were submitted to CVC.
- CVC as a routine practice forwarded these complaints to CVO, MOD and MOD forwarded to CVO, DRDO.
- CVO, DRDO working under DG, DRDO, his ACR/APAR and career depends upon the hands of DG, DRDO. Secondly in DRDO the CVO assigned to Brigadier Ajay Gupta and it is observed that DG, DRDO used to pressurize his army channels through Lt. Gen who are posted in DRDO.
- In DMSRDE corruption case DG, DRDO made a Fact Finding Committee consisting all yes men. Not a single person from outside like PCDA, CGDA, CAG was included. The result was that the fact finding committee gave a clean chit to Dr. A.K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur as Dr. A.K. Saxena submitted affidavit to court that “ Fact finding committee has been constituted by DG, DRDO which has also not found any truth in any complaints”
- It is very heartening to know that if honest citizens contributing to Governments anti- corruption movement put all their strength, time, life at stake and some incompetent officials throw it in the dustbin. Besides, all complaints were submitted with all evidences.
Sir, once again without losing courage still submitting a complaint with evidence to CVC through your good office. Hope the matter will be taken seriously as everyone in this country remembers our “KARGIL WAR” and then General Malik uttered “casualties in the conflict could have been reduced had the Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) “not come in the way”Jai hind!
21-Sunderwala, RaipurDehradun-248008 Phone 0135- 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879,
e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.corruptionindrdo.com
To Central Vigilance Commissioner, Central Vigilance Commission, Satarkta Bhawan, A- Block, GPO Complex, INA New Delhi-110023
Through : – PMO, Room No – 152, PMO, South Block, NEW DELHI -110011
Subject: Complaint againstDr. A.K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur regarding corruption in procurement of 227 Kg Polydimethylsilane (PDMS) costing worth Rs. 1,86,35,780.00 during the period 01.01.2011 to 31.12.2013 through M/s Manglam Traders, Kanpur and M/s Paawavni Speciality Chemicals, Kanpur (both firms same owner)
- DMSRDE procured 227 Kg Polydimethylsilane (PDMS) costing worth Rs. 1,86,35,780.00 during the period 01.01.2011 to 31.12.2013. The whole supply of PDMS was made by M/s Manglam Traders, Kanpur and M/s Paawavni Speciality Chemicals, Kanpur. Both of the firms are owned by Mr. Manish Gupta & his family members. Copy of the details of procurement of PDMS in DMSRDE Kanpur supplied by M/s Manglam Traders, Kanpur and M/s Paawavni Specialty Chemicals, Kanpur is enclosed as Annexure-1.
- PDMS is used as a precursor material for synthesis of Polycarbosilane and the whole amount of PDMS was procured under a project titled ST 12-DRM 552(IPHTA- Inorganic Polymers for High Temperatures Applications) for synthesis of Polycarbosilane from PDMS.
- Vide Govt. of India, Min. of Defence letter No. DRDO/DBFA/FA/83226/M/01/2031/D(R&D) dated 10 July 2010 Sub: Delegation of Financial Powers to Secretary Department of Defence(R&D), Chief Controllers(R&D) & Heads of Defence R&D Lab/Estt., the maximum limit for sanctioning of purchases under Open, Global or Limited Tender basis is up to Rs. 50 Lakhs. Copy of the letter is enclosed as Annexure-2.
- Dr. A.K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur planned the procurement cases in such a way that total cost of the Supply Order remain just below Rs. 50 Lakhs (the financial power of Director) and split the consolidated demands in small demands to keep the cost of Supply Order below Rs. 50 Lakhs.
- Total numbers of eight demands were raised from various indenters in DMSRDE for procurement of PDMS. Five demands in limited tender basis and two repeat orders and one in open tender. But the best part is whole exercise by fooling all laid down procurement system in all cases then bagged by M/s Manglam Traders, Kanpur and M/s Paawavni Speciality Chemicals, Kanpur (both firms same owner), it clearly shows the manipulation level of DMSRDE officials.
7. Criminal Conspiracy, gross violation & subversion of Purchase Management 2006 for Corruption took place in procurement of 60 Kgs PDMS by Open Tender Reference Number DMSRDE/13552064 dated 13.06.2013. Details of the case have been mentioned in above Demand-8. Other details regarding conspiracy & Corruption in procurement are given below.
- In tender reference No. DMSRDE/13552064 dated 13.06.2013 four vendors qualified in TPC/NC. These vendors were Manglam Traders, Kanpur, Paawavni Speciality Chemicals, Kanpur, Dhankar Enterprises, Kanpur and Polygon Solutions, Hyderabad. Out of these two firms Manglam Traders & Paawavni Specialty Chemicals, Kanpur is family firms of one man Mr. Manish Gupta.
- The third firm Dhankar Enterprises bids for support for to the M/s Paawavni Speciality Chemicals because M/s Dhankar Enterprises was registered at DMSRDE, Kanpur in year 2013 with registration number DMSRDE_013/02C/35_10L in category Chemical & Instruments with capacity of 10 Lakhs. This firm Dhankar Enterprises, Kanpur is registered with UP Commercial Tax Department with TIN 09645200799 dated 14/05/1998. This vendor is not registered for commodity name Chemicals. Copy of the complete report of Dhankar Enterprises , Kanpur from Commercial Taxes Department, Uttar Pradesh is enclosed as Annexure-3
- The fourth firm M/s Polygon Solutions, Hyderabad is registered with TIN 28849412432 dated 01/11/208 with commodity Computers Peripherals at Commercial Tax Department, Andhra Pradesh. Copy of the complete report of M/s Polygon Solutions, Hyderbad from Commercial Tax Department, Andhra Pradesh is enclosed as Annexure-4
- The firms /vendors that are not registered under commodity CHEMICALS with Commercial Tax Department, then how do these vendors submit tenders under open tendering for specialized strategic chemicals rarely available in India.
- All supply order placed to M/s Manglam Traders and its family firm M/s Paawavni Speciality Chemicals.
- TPC/NC Minutes- External Rep was not present and Chairman TPC/NC was Scientist ‘F’ but as per Corrigendum year 2011 , the Chairman of TPC/NC should be Sc’G’/Director in cases above 50 lakhs
- Polydimethylsilane is a rare chemical not manufactured in India, the cost of supplied item also attracts manipulation, M/s Mangalam Traders supplied Polydimethylsilane 197 Kg from 15 Dec 2011 to Dec 2013, rate varies from Rs 45000.00 to 80000.00.
- It is requested to kindly check the import list of M/s Mangalam Traders because Polydimethylsilane is a rare chemical not manufactured in India, from where and what cost M/s Mangalam Traders managed the supplied Polydimethylsilane.
- It is also requested that please check whether supplied chemical is as per required specification or not because once the supply of M/s Mangalam Traders was rejected on the basis of specification by indenter Sh.J. N. Srivatava (Demand No.: DMSRDE/13PPD010) and after that Dr A K Saxena made a committee and same supply was accepted.
- By the facts stated above, it is amply crystal clear that prima facie material regarding Abuse of Authority by corrupt Dr. A. K. Saxena, Director DMSRDE exists.
- In view of the above mentioned facts and evidences it is earnestly requested that an order for thorough investigation of all procurement done under patronage of Dr. Arvind Kumar Saxena after assuming charge as Director, DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur to stop further corruption and wastage of poor tax payers money.