Room no. 23, North Block,
Please refer to Appointment Committee of the Cabinet letter no 12/9/2013- EO (SM-I) dated 31 May 2013 in respect of appointment of Sh Avinash Chander, DS, CC R&D (M&SS) as Secretary, DRDO cum DG,DRDO and Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri for period of three years.
In Para 2 of this letter “The appointment of Sh Avinash Chander beyond his date of retirement i.e. 30.11.2014 would be on contract basis with the same terms and conditions as he would be entitled to Secretary (DRD) before the date of retirement.”
In reference to the above kindly provide the following information under RTI Act 2005.
- Names of officials considered by Appointment Committee of the Cabinet for Secretary, (DRD) and their respective age at the time of consideration.
- Members name of Appointment Committee of the Cabinet who were approved the appointment of Sh Avinash Chander as Secretary (DRD).
- The certified copy of Appointment Committee of the Cabinet recommendation for the appointment of Sh Avinash Chander as Secretary (DRD)
- Has Government of India appointed any Secretary previously on contract basis beyond the age of 65 years? (Yes/No)
- Whether required vigilance clearance obtained before approval of said appointment (yes/No)
Registration Number – DOP&T/R/2014/60387