To 10 June 2019
Under Secretary, (BEL),
Room No. 253-A,B-Wing, Sena Bhawan,
New Delhi-110 011
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of news series published in First Post Apr 02, 2019 -Bharat Electronics in the dock for compromising confidential IAF project, favoring one vendor, BEL s internal inquiry report reveals. In response of enclosed RTI from BEL CMD confirmed that CVO, BEL investigated and prepared a report on IACCS project for irregularity and compromising in IACCS project. According to BEL, CMD received the investigation report on 02.04.2019 and on 21.05.2019 submitted his observation on recommendations of CVO, BEL.
- Whether CMD, BEL send such observation on recommendations of CVO, BEL to Ministry of Defence Production on IACCS Project. Yes or No
- If yes, then date of receiving said CMD, BEL letter.
- Provide the certified copy of CVO, BEL, recommendations which enclosed by CMD, BEL (actual CVO recommendations matter is enclosed as PDF)
- Current status of the report, action taken till date by competent authorities.
- Provide the measures taken by competent authorities for protect the national security informations existing with M/s RD Konsultants and his associate related to AICCS project.
- Provide the action taken steps till date on M/s RD Konsultants the fraudulent transactions with M/s BEL as recommended by CVO, BEL.
- Provide the action taken steps till date on the committee members for violating company’s procedures & CVC guidelines and facilitated the selection of M/s RD Konsultants during evaluation of prequalification, without scrutinizing the submission of works experience, site visits and clearing the fake turn over documents of M/s RD Konsultants.
- Provide the action taken steps till date on Shri. Dibyendu Bidyanta, AGM(HR&A) and Shri. B.K. Pant, DGM (HR&A) who are involved and responsible for overlooked the criteria in Mr Manish Goyal appointment
- Provide the action taken steps till date on Mr Manish Goyal as CVO recommended suspension till departmental fair proceeding
- Provide the action taken steps till date to maintain the CCTV and its record in all AICCS project sites as observed by CVO,BEL
Registration Number DODFP/R/2019/50072
- To blacklist M/s RD Konsultants for the fraudulent transactions with M/s BEL and also as the agency had involved in collusion of interest by executing the works through his affiliates M/s CS constructions Pvt Ltd, through subcontracting from M/s L&T. which has resulted in conflict of interest in the transactions with BEL . Financial penalty to be levied on M/s RD Konsultants as one way of punishment.
2 Disciplinary Proceedings to be initiated on the committee members for violating company’s procedures & CVC guidelines and facilitated the selection of M/s RD Konsultants during evaluation of prequalification, without scrutinizing the submission of works experience, site visits and clearing the fake turn over documents of M/s RD Konsultants. Theviolations were brought in the Corporate Vigilance observations points 1-15.
The following committee members are to be held responsible even though few of the delinquent officers are retired
- R K Handa then GM(NCS) – Retired
- Gurjeet Singh then Sr. DGM(CS) – Retired
- T.K. Moitra then DGM(F&T)
- Virender Kumar then DGM(AC) CS
- Saleem Parveez. Manager (Civil) CS
3 With respect to appointment of Mr. Manish Goyal, it is observed that his experience falls short of minimum criteria of 10 years. These facts are not checked by HR/GAD. Disciplinary Proceedings on Shri. Dibyendu Bidyanta, AGM(HR&A) & Shri. B.K. Pant, DGM(HR&A) who are involved in the recruitment of Shri. Manish Goyal, as per CDA rules. Mr. Manish Goyal shall be kept under suspension henceforth for fair conduct of department/legal proceedings.
4 The unit has not prepared their own instructions and procedure duly approved by the board for the appointment of consultants to ensure that the selection is made with maximum attention to the suitability, competence and proven track record.
- CCTVs installed at the behest of vigilance has not kept in proper record which led to non-maintenance of measurement books, subleasing and collusion of parties.
- It is important to mention that IACCS is a time bound project of armed forces viz Air Force. Hence care to be taken to ensure customer get real value for money. procedural proprietaries are maintained, no collusion of interest and involve customer at all possible levels, abiding by CVC guidelines and no corrupt practices are involved, in such important projects.