Subject: Scraps the promotions for Scientist ‘F’ to Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO year 2011
- Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) is an organisation under MOD having annual budget of Rs. 15000 crore for FY 2014-2015. This organisation is having about 7500 scientists under DRDS cadre who are comprising of more than 50 scientific disciplines and working in their respective area based on his qualification and discipline.
- Prior to the formation of the Recruitment & Assessment Centre(RAC) in DRDO the recruitments and promotions of scientists in DRDO were made by UPSC. Later on Government of India allowed DRDO to have its own recruitment & assessment body for recruitment and assessment of scientists under DRDS cadre. Consequently an in-house Recruitment & Assessment Centre (RAC) was created in DRDO in 90’s. RAC conducts recruitment of scientists in DRDO and assessment of scientists for promotion from the grade of Scientist ‘B’ to Scientist ‘H’.
- All scientists of DRDO comes under the Defence Research & Development Services(DRDS) cadre and under the provisions of Article 309 of Constitution of India, Government of India framed The Defence Research & Development Service Rules 1979 (DRDS Rules 1979) as Recruitment & Promotion Rules for DRDS cadre.
- DOPT, GOI framed Flexible Complementing Scheme (FCS) for faster promotions of scientists working in all S&T Department/Organisations under Central Government. Consequently from past 35 years DOPT issued various OM & Notifications for FCS from IIIrd CPC to VIth CPC.
- The OM No. 2/41/97-PICdated 9th Nov 1998 and OM No. AB-1401713712008-Estt(RR)dated 10th September, 2010issued by DOPT are umbrella notifications for FCS.
- Vide SRO 11(E) dated 10th August 1990, FCS was introduced in DRDS Rules 1979 and under the provisions of Rule 8(2)(a) of DRDS Rules 1979 it clearly mentioned that promotions from the rank Scientist ‘B’ to Scientist ‘H’ (Outstanding Scientist) are covered under the FCS. Copy of the Rule 8(2)(a) is annexed as Annexure-1.
- In DRDO scientists are recruited based on the requirement of various Lab/Estt which were sent to RAC through DRDO HQ and then RAC recruits the scientists based on their discipline, qualifications, experience and other requirement as sought by Labs/Estt of DRDO.
- Under the provisions of OM No.AB-1401713712008-Estt(RR) dated 10th September, 2010of DOPT the promotions under FCS are applicable to the scientist who are working in S&T organisation/department and involved in Scientific &Technological work. Scientists/ Technical experts doing management/ administrative work in the Ministries should not be considered for up gradation under FCS, they should only be given benefit of up gradation under MACP. Copy of page no. 06 of the OM annexed as Annexure-2.
- Procedure of promotion from grade of Scientist ‘F’ to Scientist ‘G’ till 2010 were followed as provided under Rule 8(2)(a) of DRDS Rules 1979 and the same procedure supposed to be followed in 2011 for promotions from grade of Scientist ‘F’ to Scientist ‘G’but the RAC, DRDO adopted the new procedure illegally without amending the DRDS Rules 1979 by issuing SRO under the provisions of Article 309 of the Constitution.
- DRDS Rules 1979 clearly stipulates that DRDS Rules can be amended only by issuing an SRO under Article 309 of the Constitution of India. DRDO violated the Article 309 by implementing interview/interaction in promotion of scientist ‘F’ to scientist ‘G’ grade in 2011 without proper amendment in SRO.
- In this matter Dr. A.K. Singh, Scientist ‘G’ (then Director, DHRD) issued letter No. DHRD/76145/C/M/01 dated 21 March 2011 on the Subject ” Assessment of Sc ‘F’ for promotion- revised procedure of” to Director, RAC. Copy of the letter dated 21 March 2011 is annexed as Annexure-3.
- Dr. A.K. Singh issued the said letter illegally without issuing of any SRO in the subject matter as in the year 2011 Dr. A.K. Singh himself was appearing in assessment as candidate for promotion from grade of Scientist ‘F’ to Scientist ‘G’ and wanted to be get benefitted by the said new procedure for assessment.
- Based upon the letter of Dr. A.K. Singh dated 21 March 2011, Dr. P.S. Goel, then Chairman, RAC issued his DO letter No. RAC/01/Assessment/PSG, dated 22 March 2011 regarding “Promotions for grade of Scientist ‘F’ to Scientist ‘G”. Copy of the letter dated 22 March 2011 is annexed as Annexure-4.[How quickly the letter by Dr. P.S. Goel was issued on 22 March 2011, this establish planned conspiracy]
- Dr. P. S. Goel and Dr. A.K. Singh planned whole conspiracy of the said illegal assessment in the year 2011 in DRDO with help of then Dr. V.K. Saraswat then DGR&D, DRDO.
- Dr. P.S. Goel introduced this illegal mechanism to give favour to few incompetent DRDO scientists and for this act in return he got Prof. MGKMenon Chair, RCI, Hyderabad which fed him 84 lakhs per year. It is pure kick back or DRDO should provethe justification of his appointment. Dr. A.K. Singh himself promoted in the year 2011 by misusing this illegal mechanism for assessment in the year 2011.
- There was noassessment interview requirement for promotion from scientist ‘F’ to scientist ‘G’ as per the DRDO service rule-1979-Rule-8(2)(e) till 2011 , but Chairman, Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) of DRDO forwarded name before promotion committee after “ INTERACTION ’’ .
- The SRO No. 21 for the amending DRDS Rules 1979 was published in official gazette of Government of India on 23 March 2012. Copy of the SRO 21 dated 23 March 2012 is annexed as Annexure-5.
- The list of Scientist ‘F’ that were illegally promoted to Scientist ‘G’in the year 2011 is annexed asAnnexure-6.
- Sir , all these promotion from grade of scientist ‘F’ to scientist ‘G’ in the year 2011 were illegal and liable to be scrapped as it amounts corruption , nepotism and misuse of power for personal gain by Dr. A.K. Singh being Director, DHRD who issued illegal letter dated 21 March 2011.Therefore promotion of Dr. A.K. Singh, Scientist ‘G’ , Director of Personnel should be quashed/scrapped and through investigation in the matter may be ordered to give justice to the all affected Scientist ‘F’ of DRDO and fix the accountability of the corrupt culprits in the matter.
Regards PrabhuDandriyal, 21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun -248008 0135- 2787750, 9411114879, firstname.lastname@example.org www.corruptionindrdo.com ANNEXURES-
- Copy of the Rule 8(2)(a) , DRDS Rules 1979
- Page no. 6 of OM No. AB-1401713712008-Estt(RR) dated 10th September, 2010
- Copy of the letter dated 21 March 2011 issued by Director, DHRD, DRDO
- Copy of the letter dated 22 March 2011 issued by Chairman, RAC, DRDO
- Copy of the SRO 21 dated 23 March 2012.
- The list of Scientist ‘F’ that were illegally promoted to Scientist ‘G’ in the 2011