To 12th April 2015 Hon’ble Shri Manohar Parrikar, Defence Minister,Room No -104, South Block,New Delhi-110011
Subject: Compliant against the deliberate misconduct of Dr. A K Maini voluntarily retired scientist ‘H’ & Director of LASTEC, Delhi, DRDO, MOD.
Please find following informations of deliberate misconducts committed by Dr. A K Maini voluntarily retired scientist ‘H’ & Director of LASTEC, Delhi, DRDO, MOD.
- A K Maini had been submitting false “Nil” immovable returns in his entire service of 36 years rendered in DRDO as Group ‘A’ Gazette officer with effect from 1978 to 09-06-2014.
- Didn’t submit his permanent home town declaration during his entire service still he illegally availed Home town LTCs to Jammu many times.
- Made entry in his own handwriting on 02-12-1999 on the 2nd page of the 2nd volume of his service book about his permanent home town after 21 years from the date of his initial joining in DRDO in 1978.
- Deliberately made another entry about his Permanent Home Town after some years during his tenure of Directorship of LASTEC, Delhi (changing his earlier entered Pmt. Home Town) on the same 2nd page of the 2nd volume of his service Book, without formal submission of a request for change of his Permanent Home Town, with a clear motive to create confusion in his initial entry made on 02-12-1999.
- Changed his name from Anil Kumar to Anil Kumar Maini in official records without submitting any formal request in this regard & without undergoing the prescribed procedure in vogue.
- Even gave Laboratory Awards to those Scientists of LASTEC, Delhi in 2011 who were members of the Award Selection Committee of LASTEC, Delhi
- Even nominated ineligible officer of LASTEC, Delhi i.e. Smt. Sangeeta Talwar, Accounts Officer of LASTEC Delhi to represent LASTEC Delhi in the interview board of the CEPTEM, Delhi for the interviews of the candidates of admin and allied cadre who passed written examination of CEPTEM 06 since minimum level of nomination was SAO-II of DRDO. Proposal of eligible SAO-II of LASTEC Delhi was formally moved but Dr. A K Maini not only did not approve it but he pressurized his sub-ordinate officers to initiate new proposal so that he could nominate the ineligible favorite officer thereby snatching a rightful opportunity of the rightful claimant.
- Deliberately did not make routine transfers of the officials and officers of LASTEC Delhi during his tenure of directorship of LASTEC Delhi who was holding sensitive posting/appointments thereby directly violated the standing policy of the DOP&T and CVC. He even did not comply the express orders of the DRDO HQ issued from time to time in this regard thereby created opportunities for corruption and nepotism.
- Even made undue favor to the Amity University, Noida, UP, for his personal gain in the form of obtaining PhD from same University, which includes inviting the students of Amity university & its Chairman Dr. Ashok Chauhan as Chief Guest in the annual raising day of LASTEC Delhi in 2010 & giving them lunch and other hospitalities from the funds of the state exchequer besides breaching the security of METCALFE House Complex of Civil Lines Delhi.
- Even availed leave for repair of his House in Delhi still he submitted false Nil immovable property return for the same calendar year.
- Never formally intimated administration division of LASTEC Delhi about his local tours during the entire period of his directorship of LASTEC Delhi thereby showed himself present on duty even on those dates when he remained at his home for personal work/reasons etc. he thereby blocked the opportunity of the DDO of LASTEC Delhi to make his salary only for those days when he was either on duty or on sanctioned leave. This is evident also from the number of the days leave availed by him in immediate 03 preceding years before his elevation to the post of Director LASDTEC Delhi and the leave taken by him during the tenure of his Directorship of LASTEC Delhi.
- Castigated the legitimate powers of the senior most officer of admin cadre of DRDO posted in LASTEC Delhi by depriving him from opening the official DAK received from outside by instructing verbally the officer in-charge of Diary & dispatch section of LASTEC Delhi to send the official DAK received from outside to his personal assistant thereby creating an opportunity for himself to not to bring some official DAK in the records of LASTEC Delhi. this illegal practice is still being continued in LASTEC Delhi in addition to many other laboratories of DRDO to serve the vested interest of the directors of the LABs of DRDO.
- Even tacitly got issued repeat supply orders many times in succession at very short intervals for purchase of stores in LASTEC Delhi through his sub-ordinate officers by splitting the supply order to avoid sanction of the higher authorities of DRDO HQ during his entire tenure of Director of LASTEC Delhi.
- Even tacitly got issued supply orders in favor of those firms who were either in collusion with other suppliers/firms or which were fake firms.
- Even deliberately delayed in according his approvals to the projects Dr M N Ready Scientist ‘G’ of LASTEC Delhi which attracted audit objections which are still pending.
- Gave outstanding comments in the APRS of Shri Ghai, the then scientist ‘F’ & present scientist ‘G’ of LASTEC Delhi on extraneous considerations/ grounds simply because Shri Ghai mentioned the research done by him & by other scientist of LASTEC as joint research of him & of Son of Shri A K Maini. The outstanding comments given by Dr. A K Maini in the APAR of Shri Ghai on the above mentioned extraneous grounds begged promotion to the post of Scientist ‘G’ to Shri Ghai & other deserving scientist ‘F’ of LASTEC felt let down.
- A K Maini was instrumental to select Shri Amit Kumar Chawla office Assistant to the post of STA-B in LASTEC through LDCE by putting illegal pressure on the concerned selection committee constituted in LASTEC in 2011 although the diploma in Engg. Discipline awarded by Janaradan Rai Nagar Rajasthan Vidyapeeth, Udaipur (deemed to be university) & obtained through distance education mode from the off campus study center of Delhi is not valid Diploma to make him eligible to the post of STA-B in DRDO through LDCE exam.
- A K Maini even approved illegal permission to Shri Amit Kumar Chawla to attend classes for study of LLB up 09:00 AM even on working days in an education institution which is not less than 15 kms away from the office campus of LASTEC delhi disregarding the fact that the working hours of LASTEC are 09:00 AM to 05:30 PM. This favor was extended to Shri Amit Chawla just because he was working in the secretariat of Dr. A K Maini.
- The above mentioned deliberate misconducts of Dr. A K Maini were not only deliberately overlooked by the vigilance officer of LASTEC Delhi but also by the director of vigilance and security of DRDO HQ New Delhi which paved the way for acceptance of his voluntary retirement from service but also it made him immune from any vigilance/disciplinary inquiry against his deliberate misconducts and illegal acts.
I therefore request you to kindly ensure conducting of discreet inquiry on each and every issue raised in this complain from a independent authority specifically dis-associating any scientist & technical officer of DRDO to bring the prima-facie guilty Dr. A K Maini to the book before he goes scot free by getting his pension & other retirement benefits since his pension case is still under scrutiny containing one of the misconduct of Dr. A K Maini mentioned above.