The Defence Minister
Room No -104, South Block
New Delhi – 110011
Subject: One of the Strong Reasons of the Exodus in DRDO
As you already very well aware that DRDO is in neck deep nepotism and corruption and we all welcome your latest decisions like suspension of Dr. Arun Kumar, not giving nod for further extension to Dr. V. K. Sarswat, order for special audit to CGDA, etc.
Sir, your commitment for honesty and stride for eradication of corruption and nepotism specially in defence sector, we salute your honest efforts and we are trying to contribute some authentic information related to nepotism and corruptions prevailing in DRDO from time to time to strengthen your mission.
In this series I would like to submit some documentary evidences of nepotism of Sh. R. C. Aggarwal, Director, DEAL, DRDO.
- Sh. R. C. Aggarwal after taking charge as Director, DEAL put all scientists/staff of his community in important positions. You can verify with Departmental Part orders.
- He supported Sh. R K Agarwal for his false claim of work in “Project NARAD”, which was the only real-time successful project and was appreciated by user (IPKF).
- Sh. R K Agarwal claimed the aforementioned for his promotion to outstanding scientist and it was published in DRDO’s News Letter September 2012 page No -14 (Copy enclosed)
- Departmental Part Order for manpower for Project NARAD reference are DO Part-I No.232/AD dated 18/11/1988 and DO Part-I No.238/AD, No.239/AD dated 24/11/1988. There was clear cut mention in the order that Sh. R K Agarwal was not part and parcel of Project NARAD.
- The appreciation letter No 35795/Aks/per date 20th April 1990 by Major A K Singh, 57 Mtn Div. Signal Regiment to Sh Surendra Pal, Dy. Director, Project NARAD clearly reveals the names of DEAL’s scientists who participated and contributed their best in the real operation scenario. There is no name of Sh. R.K Agarwal in the appreciation letter.
- The DRDO in their RTI reply No.DEAL/RTI/0003/2013 dated 08/04/2013 clearly mentioned that No such document/information is available, means there is nothing available which proves that Sh R K Agarwal was part and parcel of Project ‘NARAD’. It is clear evidence that Sh RC Aggarwal supported Sh R K Agarwal’s false claim for promotion to outstanding scientist because of the only reason of nepotism. (Copy enclosed)
- Sh R.K.Agarwal already created an embarrassing situation for you due to his personal bias towards Schedule Cast when he deliberately cut the APAR numbers of a Technical Officer ‘C’. The victim has already represented this to Director, DEAL on 11th April 2013. But the best part is that DEAL management threatened and focused all their lethal weapons to fix him. And soon you will get this matter from SC/ST committee.
Sir, this nepotism and corruption is in the peak and this is also a right time for you to select a dynamic personality who can first tackle this neck deep nepotism and corruption of DRDO.
Sir, you are giving answering regarding exodus of DRDO scientists to our honorable parliamentarian since last 7-8 years and quoting that the senior scientists E, F, G are not quitting. But you are not aware that by seeing this honoring of incompetent scientists due to nepotism the junior scientists imagine their future and quit for better future.
Second major point is the senior scientists who were/are super seeded by these incompetent scientists are suffering from, blood pressure, heart problems and depressions. Ask health report of senior scientists.
Sir, can we expect any miracle research from these bunch of halfhearted and blood pressure, heart problems and depressions patients? Not at all.
Sir, you can find some scientist ‘G’ age of 38/40/42 etc. but they achieved this due nepotism if it is not true than how many get international recognition of their research work.
Once again it is requested to see this personally in the interest of DRDO as well as in the interest of nation.Prabhu Dandriyal 21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun-248001 email@example.com www.corruptionindrdo.com
Always strongly standing to fight against corruption, nepotism, castism and favoritism prevailing in DRDO
To 25th February 2013 The CPIO RTI/DESIDOC/RKA/25/2/2013 Defence Scientific Information & Documentation Centre (DESIDOC)
New Delhi – 110054
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of DRDO Newsletter September 2012 page No -14. In which the details of Outstanding Scientists of the DRDO. Sh, R K Agarwal, Outstanding Scientist, DEAL “ his main contribution has been the development of NARAD, the first semi-static and transportable terminals developed in the country. These terminals were immediately deployed in SRI LANKA during operation PAWAN where they have played a vital Role.”
- The certified copy of his claim for working or association with Project NARAD.
- Number of temporary duty if done by Sh R K. Agarwal in connection with Project Narad including deputation to SRI LANKA or any place in India during operation PAWAN.
- Provide the copy of DO Part –I published reflecting that Sh R K Agarwal was deputed or associated with Project NARAD, in DEAL, Dehradun
- Copy of appreciation letter regarding providing communication during Operation Pawan to IPKF by GOC, IPKF and then S O –in- C.
- Number of technical papers published as first author on design aspects of SATCOM systems by Sh R K Agarwal in various publications? Provide the name of Journals /year/page no of publications and issues/ volume numbers.
- On “Throughput Acceleration Satellite Adaptation Unit (SAU)” and the role and contribution of Sh R K Agarwal in its patent filing. –
Find the application fee for the request attached with this application. If you feel that above requested information does not pertain to your department then please follow the provisions of Section 6(3) of the RTI Act, 2005/Also as per the provisions of the RTI Act, 2005 please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority w.r.t to your department with the reply to the above request., where I may if required file my first appeal.
I do hereby declare that I am a citizen of India. Kindly provide me with the information at the address mentioned with the application. I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of the 30 day period after you have received the application.
Note: above required information is directly related to corruption and not come under schedule -II
“Whoever does anything with the intention of causing wrongful gain to one person or wrongful loss to another is said to do that thing dishonesty”
Enclosed- Rs 10 Postal order 98E 528550
Regards,Prabhu Dayal Dandriyal 21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun-248008 Phone – 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879, e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org, website- www.corruptionindrdo.com