Sri Avinash Chander, Distinguished Scientist and Chief Controller Research & Development (Missiles & Strategic Systems) as Secretary, Department of Defence Research & Development–cum-Director General, Defence Research& Development Organisation and Scientific Adviser to Raksha Mantri vide letter No. 12/9/2013-EO(SM-I) dated 31st May 2013,Secretariat of Appointment Committee of Cabinet, DOPT, Ministry of Personal, Public Grievances and Pensions, New Delhi. [copy of order dated 31 May 2013 enclosed]
According to the said letter dated 31 May 2013 , The appointment of Shri Avinash Chander beyond his date of retirement i.e.30.1 1.2014 would be on contract basis with the same terms and conditions as he would be entitled to Secretary (DRD) before the date of retirement.
The Chief of DRDO is holding three post simultaneously DGR&D,DRDO, SA to RM and Secretary, DRD and having control over 30000 employees, 52 establishments and Rs. 15283 crore of public money.
The said appointment order of Sri Avinash Chander was illegal on the grounds-
(i) Shri Avinash Chander is not having International Stature that is basic requirement for extension in service from age of 62-64 years; hence the extension in service beyond the age of 62 years to Sri Avinash Chander was illegal.
(ii) appointment from Distinguished Scientist to Secretary is promotion cum appointment (promotions in extension in service is illegal as FR 56(d)
(iii) Shri V. Narayanasamy, Minister of State in the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions and Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office replied to Parliament in the year 2012 that “there is no policy formulation for appointing the Secretaries in Union Ministries and Departments on contract”.
(iv) According to News published on 28 May 2012 in Hindustan Times stating “Contractual appointment post-retirement not in rules” based on reply given by DOPT, Ministry of Personnel in 15th Lok Sabha.
(v) Orders for regular appointment and contractual appointment could not be clubbed in one order as both are totally distinct action as per recruitment rules.
(vi) An official appointed on contract after retirement cannot function as Head of Office for all administrative & financial matters in the department. It is apparent from his appointment letter that he will exercise all administrative and financial powers on contractual appointment as he was having in his regular appointment before retirement.
In this matter several applications under RTI Act 2005 was filed to DOPT, Cabinet Sectt. , DRDO and MOD. In some applications vital information was provided by Government.
Recently on 06 August 2014, one DRDO scientist filed complaint to Hon’ble Prime Minister who is also the Chairman of ACC. The said complaint is under consideration to Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India.
India Today in its issue of 13 Oct 2014(English Edition) and 15 October 2014(Hindi Edition) published detailed News about post retirement appointment and extensions business in DRDO.
Besides several complaints against Sri Avinash Chander was filed by corruptionindrdo.com to Hon’ble Prime Minister regarding following matters.
- DEEMED SUSPENSION OF DR. G. MALKONDIAH, DS AND CCR&D (HR), DRDO AS under the provisions of Rule 10(2)(b) of CCS(CCA) Rules 1965, dated 06 Oct 2014.
- Shri Avinash Chander SA to RM , DG DRDO, Secretary (DRD) patronizing organized corruption in procurement by Dr. A. K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur, Dated 13 September 2014
- CORRUPTION IN DMSRDE (DRDO), KANPUR BY DR. ARVIND KUMAR SAXENA, DIRECTOR, dated 11 September 2014
- Non-Implementation of DOPT, Govt. of India, Office Memorandums regarding submission of IPR and put the same in Public Domain in Defence Research & Development Organisation, Min. of Defence, dated 28 July 2014
- The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet appointed Sh. Avinash Chander on contract basis, dated 27 May 2014
- Conspiracy and propaganda for reverse technology transfer to USA by forged TOT of EDK by DRDO under guidance of Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO and SA to RM, Secretary, DRD.
- डीआरडीओ में श्री अविनाश चन्दर, वैज्ञानिक सलाहकार की चल रही है जागीरदारी (Example of Sh Avinash Chander’s feudalism in DRDO) (Appointment of SK Patel case).
corruptionindrdo.com arranged a survey to know the view of DRDO officials , Whether DRDO officials want that Sri Avinash Chander continues as SA on contract basis after 30th November 2014?
All Scientists, officers and officials of DRDO are requested to participate in the survey so that DRDO officials view and emotions could be put before the Government.
Above all the contractual appoint of Sri Avinash Chander a massage to whole world, that 125 crores of Indian doesn’t have a single capable scientist who can lead the DRDO, a big question to Modi ji government.