Subject: Application under Right to Information Act 2005
Kindly refer to following decisions of Central Information Commission and verdict given in these decisions.
- File No. CIC/LS/A/2012/002612 dated 22.3.2013 (Dr. Neelam Bhalla vs. DRDO) Verdict – “It is, no doubt, true that DRDO is an exempted organisation; yet it has been the consistent view of this Commission that the benefit of exemption extends only to functional / operational matters and not to establishment related routine matters. The legality of this view has not been challenged in the relevant judicial forum so far”.
- CIC/LS/A/2010/000107 dated 26.4.2010 (Ms. K. Surya Kumari Vs DRDO)
- CIC/SM/C/2008/00054/LS dated 29.01.2010 (Ms. K. Surya Kumari Vs DRDO)
- CIC/LS/A/2012/002487 dated 31.12.2012 ( Ms. Savitha Vs DRDO)
In its various decisions CIC consistently held that Establishment Matters relating to the organization notified u/s 24 of the RTI Act come within the purview of the Act and information in this regard thereto are not exempted from disclosure.
In light of the above decisions of CIC, Kindly provide the following information under RTI Act 2005.
BRIEF FACTS FOR APPLICATION UNDER RTI ACT 2005
With reference to your Minute Sheet No. AE/Gen Admin/13/0578 dated 26 September 2013 and modified Minute Sheet No. AE/Gen Admin/13/0578 dated 04 October 2013, signed by Dr. D.N. Tripathi, Addl Director (Admin.) on behalf of Director.
- It has been ordered by these Minute Sheets that “wef 01.10.2013 all officers and employees are informed to park their vehicles in the Parking Area constructed near CSD Canteen” and “above Minute Sheet is related to the officers/employees who goes to CSD Canteen for purchasing items by their vehicles”.
- Facts narrated above in points (1) and (2) establish that CSD Canteen building exists in DMSRDE and CSD facility is available in DMSRDE
In light of above facts kindly provide following information u/s 6(1) of RTI Act 2005.
- Provide the details of officers and staff with name & rank that are attached and involved in management and operation of DMSRDE CSD Canteen right from Chairman, Officer-In- Charge, Technical Officers and Staff at present.
- Total monthly expenditure incurred on incentives/emoluments to official working part time in DMSRDE CSD Canteen for month July 2013.
- Provide the amount of miscellaneous expenditure incurred in July 2013 under following heads in DMSRDE CSD Canteen.
- Balance sheet of DMSRDE CSD Canteen for the month July 2013.
- Provide details of funds available with DMSRDE CSD Canteen in its Current A/C at SBI DMSRDE Branch Kanpur and all Fixed Deposits pledged with this Current account at SBI DMSRDE Branch.
- The competent authority responsible for attachment of officials at CSD Canteen.
- Whether rotation of officials working in CSD Canteen took place vide CVC Circular No.03/09/13 letter No.004/VGL/090/225753 dated 11.9.2013. (Yes/No).
- If answer to point (7) is yes then provide the maximum period for which an official could remain attached with CSD Canteen?
- Mr. DP Shukla, Lab. Attd. (Now Technical Officer) is attached/posted in DMSRDE CSD Canteen since long time. Provide his attachment/posting detail in DMSRDE CSD Canteen from 01.01.2000 to 30 September 2013.
- DMSRDE CSD Canteen is a profitable unit which earning good amount of money by getting commission/profit in sale of store items at canteen. In which account this money is being deposited and the name of officers who are authorize/responsible to withdraw the money.
- Provide type /nature of purpose for which the fund of CSD can be utilized.
- Can CSD fund be utilized for purchase of item/store/services that are not used by CSD Canteen instead used by DMSRDE officials like furniture, construction of aluminum, partitions, distribution of gifts etc.?
- Provide sales statement of DMSRDE Canteen for month of July 2013.
- Cheque No. 871271 dated 22.7.2013 issued by DMSRDE Canteen. Provide information in following format.
- Cheque No. 871267 with payable amount of Rs. 214312.00 was issued by DMSRDE Canteen (CSD) in July 2013. Provide following information in this regard-
- Name of the firm/vendor in favor of which cheque No. 871267 with payable amount of Rs. 214312.00 was issued.
- Purpose of issue of the cheque No. 871267 of DMSRDE Canteen (CSD) with amount of Rs. 214312.00 in July 2013.
- List of items purchased through cheque No. 871267 issue by DMSRDE Canteen (CSD) for amount Rs. 214312.00 in July 2013.
- User of the items purchased vide cheque No. 871267 issued for Rs. 214312/-.
- The items purchased vide cheque No. 871267 has been kept in which place.
- Copy of bill of vendor/firm for supply of items against cheque No. 871267 issued by DMSRDE Canteen (CSD) with amount of Rs. 214312.00 in July 2013.
- Whether any fund was withdrawn from account of DMSRDE Canteen for purpose of aluminum door and grill partition in Security Division Building at reception counter.(Yes/No)
- If answer to point (16) is yes then provide the expenditure details for the said work at reception of Security Office.
- If answer to point(16) is No, then provide the following details
- The agency (DMSRDE/MES) which issue supply order to accomplish the task for aluminum partition at reception of Security Office.
- The name of vendor who make aluminum partition at reception of Security Office.
- The copy of supply order issued for making the aluminum partition at reception of Security Office.
- Total expenditure involved in construction of aluminum partition at reception of Security Office.
- Provide copy of statement of expenditure for Rs. 255248.00 from 01.07.2013 to 31.07.2013 under Miscellaneous Head for month of July 2013 in DMSRDE Canteen (CSD).
- Whether audit of CSD Canteen accounts took place by Local Audit Officer (LAO)/ACDA on annual basis. Yes/No
- If answer to point 20 is yes then provide the copy of audit report of DMSRDE CSD Canteen for FY 2012-2013.
- Percentage of average profit in sale of items/store at DMSRDE CSD Canteen.
- Average profit of DMSRDE CSD Canteen in rupees per month in FY 2012-13.
- How much funds/money has been expenditure in welfare activities from CSD fund in FY 2012-2013?
The information sought in this RTI Application is on Establishment Matter and as such not exempted u/s 24 of the RTI Act.
Besides Information sought is pertaining to allegations of Corruption and as such not exempted u/s 24 of the RTI Act 2005.
An IPO of Rs. 10/- as application fee (IPO No. 17F 549286) is annexed as Annexure-1.(Prabhu Dayal Dandriyal) 21-Sunderwala, Raipur Dehradun-248008 Uttarakhand firstname.lastname@example.org, www.corruptionindrdo.com
- IPO of Rs. 10/- , with IPO No. 17F 549286 as application Fee.