Subject: Application/Request under Right to Information Act 2005
Kindly refer to following decisions of Central Information Commission and verdict given in these decisions.
i. File No. CIC/LS/A/2012/002612 dated 22.3.2013 (Dr. Neelam Bhalla vs. DRDO) Verdict – “It is, no doubt, true that DRDO is an exempted organisation; yet it has been the consistent view of this Commission that the benefit of exemption extends only to functional / operational matters and not to establishment related routine matters. The legality of this view has not been challenged in the relevant judicial forum so far”.
ii. CIC/LS/A/2010/000107 dated 26.4.2010 (Ms. K. Surya Kumari Vs DRDO)
iii. CIC/SM/C/2008/00054/LS dated 29.01.2010 (Shri Prabhat Vs DRDO)
iv CIC/LS/A/2012/002487 dated 31.12.2012 ( Ms. Savitha Vs DRDO)
CIC in its above mentioned decisions consistently held that Establishment Matters relating to the organization notified u/s 24 of the RTI Act come within the purview of the Act and information in this regard thereto are not exempted from disclosure.
In light of the above decisions of CIC, Kindly provide the following information under RTI Act 2005.
- The date from which Dr. AK Saxena, Director, DMSRDE was availing staff car facility for commuting between office and residence.
- Copy of the letter by which Dr. AK Saxena , Director, DMSRDE requested to his superior authority/controlling authority to withdraw the staff car.
- The date from which staff car facility was withdrawn from Dr. AK Saxena, Director, DMSRDE.
- The date from which Dr. AK Saxena, Director, DMSRDE availing Transport Allowance.
- Amount of Transport Allowance provided to him after withdrawal of Staff Car.
- How many staff car existing in DMSRDE?
- Whether staff car facility was offered to other senior officer at No. 2 or No. 3 in rank for commuting between office and residence after withdrawal of staff car facility from Dr. AK Saxena. (Yes/No)
- If answer to point (7) is yes then provide the copy of the offer letter as mentioned above and letter of acceptance/denial by such senior most officers.
- Details/List of Scientists/Tech. Officers/CMTD/MTD/Other employees & staff below the rank of Scientist ‘D’ to whom Telephone Reimbursement has been sanctioned/allowed by Director, DMSRDE for prepaid mobile/Landline with Broadband/Postpaid with Internet facility. Provide details for each official with following information.
- Name of the Scientist/officer/official with rank
- Amount of telephone Reimbursement
10. Provide the total number of Scientist/Tech. Officer/Other officer & employees below the rank of Scientist ‘D’ who are availing Telephone Reimbursement.
11. Copy of the Minute Sheet/SOC approved by Director, DMSRDE by which Officer & employees posted at Motor Transport Division was allowed for Telephone Reimbursement.
13. Copy of the rule under which Telephone Reimbursement for Scientist C’, Scientist ‘B’, Tech. Officers, CMTD, MTD, Admin. Asst. & other employees & staff of DMSRDE have been allowed in DMSRDE, Kanpur.
The information sought in this RTI Application is on Establishment Matter and as such not exempted u/s 24 of the RTI Act.
This is also for your kind information that the information sought is pertaining to allegations of Corruption and as such not the personal information under RTI Act.
Please Find Enclosed – Postal Order No 17 F 549291
Date: 16th October , 2013(Santosh Joshi) 2-Shanti Vihar Behind mahindra showroom Haridwar bypass Dehradun – 248001