Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information (RTI) Act, 2005 in respect of FR 56 (d). Fundamental Rules (FR) are statutory rules framed in exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution, by the President.
There is provision to grant extension in the service beyond the age of superannuation under the 2nd and 3rd provision of FR 56(d).
DOPT vide OM No. No. 26012/6/2002-Estt. (A) Dated 9th December 2002, fixed the Proforma for sending proposals for approval of Department of Personnel & Training for grant of extension to Government servants beyond the age of superannuation.
It has been observed that DRDO is not adherence to this Proforma for sending the proposals to DOPT and using a different Proforma having 10 points only while Proforma set by DOPT is having 13 points. (Copy of both DOPT & DRDO Proforma are enclosed for ready reference).
DOPT is also accepting the proposals of DRDO in another Performa framed by DRDO itself which left very vital information in its Proforma.
Kindly provide the following information under RTI Act 2005.
- Sri P. S. Subramanyam, Director of Aeronautical Development Agency (born 28.06.1950) was on extension up to 64 years till 30 June 2014. Government of India has given one more year extension to him beyond the age of 64. Provide copy of File Noting of Screening Committee headed by the Cabinet Secretary and File Noting of Appointment Committee of Cabinet (ACC) for granting the extension in service after superannuation age of 64 years to him.
- Copy of service extension rules / provisions of which service may be granted by Government of India to a Scientist working under Central Government beyond the age of 64 years.
- DRDO sending proposals for approval of Department of Personnel & Training for grant of extension to Government servants beyond the age of superannuation with their own performa other then FR 56 (d) provide the copy of approval of competent authority for DRDO performa.
- As per provision to Article 309 of the Constitutionno organization having no power to amend Statutory Fundamental Rules. Provide the grounds on basis of which DOPT is accepting the proposals in modified Proforma of DRDO.
- Number of posts of Distinguished Scientist fixed by the Government in DRDO.
Enclosed : FR 56 (d) Performa of DOPT and DRDO Performa
Registration Number DOP&T/R/2014/62698