To 2nd November 2014
Shri Syed Ekram Rizwi,
New Delhi – 110011
Kindly provide me with the following information requested under the purview of the Right to Information Act, 2005 in respect of Rule 4 of CCS(Conducts) Rules 1964 – “Employment of near relatives of Govt. servants in companies or firms”, GOI [MHA OM No. 25/43/55-Ests.(A), dated 19.01.1956] – “ Propriety of sons and near relatives of Class I (now Group A) officers seeking employment in private firms which enjoy Government patronage” and GOI [MHA OM No. 24/43/56-Ests.(A), dated 26.05.1957] – Awarding of contract to a firm in which son/daughter/dependent of an officer is employed.
Shri Avinash Chander is holding the post of Secretary, DRD since 31 May 2013.
PMO is custodian of information related to Secretary of all Ministries/Department.
kindly provide following information under Section 6(1) of RTI Act.
1. Whether son/daughter/wife of Shri Avinash Chander is proprietor, partner, shareholder or employee of the any company, firm or business group that deals with any procurement /supply /fabrication/business/contracts related activity in any Establishment/Unit/Lab of DRDO. (Yes/No)
2. If answer to point(1) is Yes then provide the following details:
i. Relation with family member (son/daughter/wife)
ii. Name & address of family member/dependent
iii. Name of Company/Firm/Business Group with address
iv. Relation with Company/Firm – Proprietor /Partner /Shareholder or Employee
v. Stake in Company/Firm of the family member in case partner or shareholder
3. If answer to point(1) is Yes then provide the following details regarding contracts awarded/Supply Orders issued by DRDO to that company/firm during the years 2010 -2014
i. Total cost of contracts awarded/supply orders issued to that company/firm
ii. Total number of contracts awarded/supply order issued to that company/firm
4. If answer to point(1) is Yes then whether Shri Avinash Chander declared the facts and desist himself from the dealing of the case while award of contract/supply order or exercise patronage in favour of the company/firm as required under Rules 4 of CCS(Conducts) Rule 1964. (Yes/No)
5. If answer to point (4) is Yes then provide the copies of declarations submitted by Shri Avinash Chander to DRDO/MOD/Government of India
6. .Whether Shri Avinash Chander intimated to Government under provisions of Rule 4 of CCS (Conducts) Rules, 1964 regarding acceptance of employment of his son/daughter/dependent in the company/firm that has official dealing with DRDO. (Yes/No)
7. If answer to point (6) is Yes then provide copy of intimation regarding acceptance of employment by son/daughter/dependent under the provisions of Rule 4 of CCS (Conducts) Rules, 1964.
Phone 0135- 2787750, Mobile- 9411114879,
e-mail id firstname.lastname@example.org website www.corruptionindrdo.com
Registration Number PMOIN/R/2014/61523