Subject:Shri Avinash Chander SA to RM , DG DRDO, Secretary (DRD)patronizing organized corruption in procurement by Dr. A. K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur.
With reference to above I would like to submit following facts for your mission of corruption free India.
- DMSRDE, DRDO, Kanpur is involved in R&D of polycarbosilane (PCS) since more than 15 years. This material is used for high temperature applications etc.
- Polydimethylsilane (PDMS) in form of brisk white powder is used as precursor material required for synthesis of polycarbosilane. Initially the PDMS was manufactured in small scale (quantity)in DMSRDE itself by Scientists of DMSRDE.
- The development process of polycarbosilane from Polydimethylsilane (PDMS) was patented by DRDO vide Indian Patent No. 249015 against Indian Patent Application No. 2254/DEL/2004 and the patent was granted on 21 Sept 2011 and published on 30 Sept 2011.
- The manufacturing technology of PDMS and polycarbosilane is having only with few countries in world.
- When Dr. A. K. Saxena took charge as Director, DMSRDE in January, 2011, he started the procurementof Polydimethylsilane (PDMS) and till date in the period 01.01.2011 to 31.12.2013 he procured 227 Kg PDMS costing around Rs. 1,86,35,780.00 in DMSRDE. PDMS was purchased in DMSRDE @ Rs. 80,000/- per kg approximately.
- Procurement was done through 8 demands of limited tender, repeat order and one last order through open tender. The strange fact is that all seven orders of this rare material was placed to M/s Mangalam Traders, Kanpur and the eighth supply order was placed to M/s Paawani Speciality Chemicals, Kanpur which is again the family firm of M/s Mangalam Traders, Kanpur.
- As per DMSRDE’s inputs the PDMS material was prepared by ex-DMSRDE employee Shri I. P. Pal, Ex Technical Officer ‘C’ under guidance of Dr. A. K. Saxena under roof of M/s Mangalam Traders, Kanpur of which proprietor is Mr. Manish Gupta and Director is his brother Mr. Anish Gupta.
- The Cost and quantity was so designed and architect as every time the order should not exceed in the tune of Rs. 50 Lakhs so it will always come under sanction power of Dr. A. K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE, Kanpur.
- The Prices of PDMS First Order 4/2/2011 cost @ Rs 45000.00/Kg Second Order 27/4/2012 cost @ Rs 70000.00/Kg, Third Order 4/04/2012 cost @ Rs 75000.00/Kg, fourth order 9/02/2012 cost @ Rs 75200.00/Kg, Fifth order 6/09/2012 cost @ Rs 80000.00/Kg, sixth Order 26/02/2013 cost @ Rs 80000.00/Kg, Seventh Order 06/11/2012 cost @ Rs 77800.00/Kg, Eighth 17/12 2013 Order 06/11/2012 cost @ Rs 77800.00/Kg.
- The whole exercise of procurement of PDMS itself exposes the corruption and corrupt practices prevailing in DRDO.
- The various documentary evidences already exposed the nexus between Dr. A. K. Saxena and owners of M/s Mangalam Traders and M/s Paawani Speciality Chemicals Shri Manish Gupta and Shri Anish Gupta.
- I have filed a complaint to CVC dated 11 June 2014 regarding corruption in PDMS procurements in DMSRDE and DRDO HQ made 1stFact Finding Committee than after few months’ days DRDO HQ made 2nd Fact Finding Committee. Till date no action taken against Dr. A. K. Saxena by Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO and Scientific Advisor to Raksha Mantri, DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Now it seems Dr. A. K. Saxena convinced or taken care of motivation of Shri Avinash Chander and seems he inspired your 15th August 2014 address that “mera kya” and boldly raised open tender vide DMSRDE/15552004 dated 1st September 2014 for procuring 60 Kg PDMS.
- As per sources the Gupta Bandhu of M/s Mangalam Traders and M/s Paawani Speciality Chemicals, Kanpur arranged 90 Kg PDMS and as usual the case initiated within the sanction capacity of Director i.e. 50 Lakhs of 60 kg. It is understood that the supply order will go in favour of Gupta Bandhu in any cost. Rest 30 kg PDMS will be procured under repeat order of the order issued against this open tender of PDMS.
- It is completely established corruption case and enclosed procurement details clearly show the modus oprendi of Dr. A. K. Saxena, Director, DMSRDE. The said open tender dated 01 Sept 2014 should immediately be cancelled till finalization of inquiry by CVC.
Sir, It is requested that for sake of poor tax payers money to take appropriate exemplary action so that Shri Avinash Chander not dare to patronize such corrupt scientists and whole DRDO fraternity could understand your commitment against corruption.Regards Prabhu Dandriyal,
21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun -248008 0135- 2787750, 9411114879, firstname.lastname@example.org www.corruptionindrdo.com