To 9th April 2015 Hon’ble Shri Manohar Parrikar, Defence Minister,Room No -104, South Block,New Delhi-110011
Subject: Review of development of Rustom-II Project.
It is very unfortunate that one of the senior most top clusters DG of DRDO, Dr K Tamilmani, DG (Aero) seems not serious about his responsibilities given by GOI.
As per news clippings and websites of private engineering colleges surrounding to his native place it is observed that Dr. K Tamilmani, DG (Aero) visited 6(six) private institutes during 15th January to 15th March on officials temporary duties.
It looking similar case of Silver Chariot and as per DRDO senior officials, it is come under CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) but one point that all are private institutes and second one all are near to Dr Tamilmani’s native place.
As per sources, he would have received his honorarium and transport allowance from the colleges also as well availed official TD.
The following are the colleges visited with dates and purpose:
- Bharathiyar Institute of Engineering for Women, Salem, 11th January 2015, as a Chief Guest for Graduation ceremony.
- Amrita University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, 28th January 2015, to inaugurate automated test facility
- Aerospace Engineers, Salem, 7th February 2015, in the name of Technical Review but actual purpose of TD was attend the function of Rabindranath Tagore College of Engg for Women
- Rabindranath Tagore College of Engineering for Women, Sankari, Salem, Tamilnadu, 7th February 2015, Address to students
- Excel College of Engineering, Salem, Tamilnadu, 22nd February 2015, to attend convocation ceremony as Chief Guest
- Arunai Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai, Tamilnadu, 14th March 2015, to receive Life Time Achievement Award. (no information is available that whether permission obtained to receive this award from private institute)
Interesting fact is that all above five TD’s the Rustom – II project Toyota Innova was used but on sixth TD Dr. K Tamilmani, DG (Aero) hired Taxi because the complaint of using project vehicle was submitted on 26th February 2015 to Prime Minister.
Dr. K Tamilmani, DG (Aero) TD’s detail for your kind consideration, if you inquire the TD agenda vs output of each TD then you can judge the details of delay in Rustom – II and other ongoing projects.
In the light of above facts we request you to please restrict DRDO top scientists wasting poor tax payers money, Although in DRDO Hqrs TD business is drastically lower down after sacking of Sh Avinash Chander. Only comparing of Dr A K Singh’s DOP, DRDO TD details for last six month explained the scenario of DRDO.
Arunai Engg College to mark Achievers Day
Our Bureau Chennai, March 10:
Arunai Engineering College, Tiruvannamalai, will celebrate Achievers Day on March 15, according to a press release from the College.
It will give away Achievement Awards for outstanding contribution in various fields to mark the occasion. The awardees are: R Vijayashankar, Editor, Frontline, Chennai – for journalism; K Tamilmani, Distinguished Scientist & Director General (Aeronautical Systems) DRDO, Bengaluru – Science and Technology; Sunil Thomas Chandy, Director, CMC Vellore – Medicare; Rs. Sundar, Site Director, Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, Tirunelveli – nuclear energy; J Sam Daniel Stalin, Bureau Chief, NDTV, Chennai – Electronic media English; A Dhanasekaran, Senior Manager, Product Development, Ashok Leyland, Technical Centre, Chennai (an alumnus of Arunai Engineering).
The awards will be given away by K Venkatraman, former judge of the Madras High Court and President, State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, Puducherry.
(This article was published on March 10, 2015)