12th August 2011
The Defence Minister
Room No -104, South Block
New Delhi – 110011
Reference: a) Your letter No 1409-VIP/RM/2011 dated 21st March 2011
b) Your letter No 1409-VIP/RM/2236 dated 20th May 2011
As the chancellor of DIAT, Pune you have taken the decision to remove Dr. L M Patnaik but have decided to place Dr Prahlada who is yet another big corrupt DRDO official. Sources reveal that yesterday Fax order’s saying Dr L M Patnaik was terminated; it shows the situation (discipline) of high profile deemed Defence University.
- The selection of Vice Chancellor for DIAT is not done in accordance with the guidelines of Government of India, which is laid down for such prestigious appointments. Please refer the Gazette Notification No 146, Part-II, Section-4 –
- The Universities are Independent bodies and the university Vice Chancellor is the leader of an institution of higher education. According to the standard he / she must be a noted scholar (Dr.Parhalada rules to accomplish this?), who is responsible and excellent (Dr.Parhalada meet these criteria?), as well as the person who has high moral. (Who once said to an SC DRDO Scientist “you people are not born for higher studies”). Sir, you are very well aware of this incident of DRDO’s M Tech selection board. http://bit.ly/p20SwG
- He was posted as CC (R&D) in DRDO Headquarters in November 2005 and since then he was staying at C – 7 Guest House. JCDA, R&D reveled in RTI response that he is drawing HRA as well. He has also attracted disciplinary action as in the CCS (CC & A) 1965 rules of action against Dr. Prahlada. Why not take steps to DRDO pending lawsuit against Dr. Prahlada. (RTI Enclosed for your ready reference)
- The working of DRDO is now in full swing corruption and nepotism. In Vice Chancellor for DIAT advertisement it was put on Internal Intranet DRONA of DRDO. It is 100% violation of recruitment rules for such higher post and the best part of this out of 7356 so called best scientists, only the most corrupt official was chosen. No patents, no international publications, no academic excellence was considered in the case of Vice Chancellor for DIAT.
- Sir, your image in the country is one of most honest persons and recently UPA Chairman; Smt. Sonia Gandhi had also shown her faith on you by delegating powers in absence of her. But in the cases of DRDO it is not understandable that why you are taking such lenient steps by allowing these corrupt scientists of DRDO to thrive in spite of receiving all the evidences against them. You simply believe that constituting a committee is the only way to handle the situation.
i) The case of DLRL the complete documentary evidences are being submitted for your kind consideration. What happened to your letter I received in the following context — http://bit.ly/phH6vR
A committee constituted – Ms Shobha Verma, Addl Director, Mr Sashtri, Director Anurag Cell and Sh SL Badnikar, Director GAETEC. They recorded all statements and submitted the report but nothing about corrupt officials of DLRL.
ii) The Case of Sh T Mohan Rao against whom the FIR was registered and he spent one night in jail but next day he got the bail with the help of same lawyer who bailed out the supplier of GTRE Sh VN Narayan, representative of ILN Technologies. The question was raised by Honorable Member of Parliament Sh Navtej Singh Siddhu on 8th August 2011 but Joint Secretary replied that matter is sub judicious, Sh Mohan Rao was only removed from the Directorship of GTRE but has been attached with CEMILAC another Lab of DRDO in Bangalore. Sh T Mohan Rao even not informed his superior about his detonation officially and very next day he went to GTRE and made another Identity card from the security, as his mobile and identity card were seized by the police during interrogation. It is difficult to digest that such a high profile man enjoying extension of service without work and on the other side you only announced the removal in Commodore Sukhjinder Singh for Admiral Gorshkov similar case. Why so soft corners for DRDO corrupt officials? http://bit.ly/p8m6Va http://bit.ly/qYJOzq
iii) The case of Dr S K Vasudeva, working in contract in SPIC DRDO where plenty of unaudited funds are looted by corrupt officials, you already verified it with IB. the list of companies which were indulging in SPIC game is so lengthy and you are aware about it through the IB reports. Still the Dr S K Vasudeva is enjoying his status in SPIC while the new Director, Dr Satish Kumar is only puppet. The daughter of Dr S K Vasudeva, Ms Vinita just removed her stuff from the involved company’s premises few days ago. She is the owner of M V Grafix and her role is like Mrs Kanimozi in 2G Scam.
iv) Irregularities being committed by Dr. Arun Kumar, DOP, DRDO Hqrs. in the matter of recruitment of appointment to the post of Scientist ‘B’ ( A Group ‘A’ Gazetted Post in DRDO) http://bit.ly/npjQ8X
An independent inquiry committee has been constituted in DRDO HQ, New Delhi Vide Directorate of Vigilance and Security Note No. DVS/02/2053/P/01 Dated 17Mar. 2011 regarding the acts of corruption committed by Dr. Arun Kumar in getting her daughter Ms. Swati Srivastava as Scientist ‘B’ in response to the advertisement no. 66 item no. 34 meant for stream of Biotechnology. Ms. Swati Srivastava did’t has MSC. in Biotechnology, but she had her MSC in Environmental Biology. The concerned file no. is DRDO/V&S/ INQ- AK/2011. http://bit.ly/pFaMUe
Dr.Arun Kumar also manipulated in DRDO Official records, in the seniority roll of his daughter the information is as follows
Pin No S.No. Name Estt DoB Date of Appt. Education Discipline 2004AB1131 1542 Swati Srivastav DIPAS 23/9/1981 1/7/2009 MSc(BiotTech) Biotechnology
Why are your hands closed for taking any decisions to these most corrupt and anti-national official of DRDO or they are managing any deal like NTRO’s Dr MS Vijayraghwan. http://bit.ly/mRpdU9
Sir, I am requesting you to please take appropriate action to restore the faith in DRDO’s best young talents otherwise they will leave this esteemed organization as more than 1200 scientist have done during the last three years.
Yours sincere effort is needed to clean the DRDO.