विषय : डीआरडीओमें श्री अविनाश चन्दर, वैज्ञानिक सलाहकार द्वारा जागीरदारी
माननीय श्री प्रधानमंत्री जी यह एक बड़े खेद का विषय है कि इतने महत्वपूर्ण संगठन के शीर्ष अधिकारी श्री अविनाश चन्दर जी ने सारी नैतिकताओं को दर किनार करते हुए डीआरडीओ में अपनी जागीरदारी चला रखी है।
आपने दिल्ली में जो देख कर जनता को लालकिले से अपना अनुभव बताया कि सब विभागों में अपनी अपनी जागीरदारी चल रही है वह एक पूर्ण सत्य है।
श्री अविनाश चन्दर जी ने अभी कुछ समय पहले एक वैज्ञानिक ‘जी’ पद में बहुत ही मनमाने ढंग सब नियत मानको की अनदेखी कर रिटायर कमोडोर सरोज पटेल की नियुक्ति करी है।
श्री अविनाश चन्दर जी ने रिटायर कमोडोर सरोज पटेल की सिर्फ नियुक्ति ही नहीं करी बल्कि डीआरडीओ के 507 वरिष्ठ वैज्ञानिक ‘जी’ की वरिष्ठता को दरकिनार करते हुए श्री पटेल को नियुक्ति के चार दिनों में डायरेक्टर के पद में भी बैठा कर वैज्ञानिको का मनोबल गिरा दिया है।
पूरे देश ने कारगिल जंग के समय डीआरडीओ की असफलताओ को देखा था और सबको जनरल मालिक के शब्द याद है ” डीआरडीओ के वजह से सेना वेपन लोकेटर रडार नहीं प्राप्त हो पाया और जिसके कारण सेना को अपने इतने जवान खोने पड़े”
आपसे आशा है की निम्न प्रेषित उक्त नियुक्ति की धांधली के पूर्ण विवरण को सी वी सी को जाँच के लिए आदेश देंगे जिससे डीआरडीओ के समर्पित वैज्ञानिको का मनोबल बढ़ सके और वे देश की विकास में भागीदारी में अपना पूर्ण योगदान कर सके।धन्यवाद प्रभुडंडरियाल 21-सुंदरवाला, रायपुर, देहरादून फ़ोन 0135- 2787750, मोबाइल – 9411114879, e-मेल id email@example.com वेबसाइट www.corruptionindrdo.com
To 14th September 2014 Central Vigilance Commissioner, Central Vigilance Commission, Satarkta Bhawan, A- Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110023
SUBJECT:RECRUITMENT SCAM –II IN DRDO
Recruitment of Sh Saroj Kumar Patel, Scientist ‘G’ and Appointment on post of Director, Directorate of Quality, Reliability &Safety (DQRS), DRDO HQ Complaint against Sh Avinash Chander, DG, DRDO, SA to RM, Secretary, DRD
Nepotism, favoritism, corruption and manipulations with vested interest in higher recruitment by misusing powers by HOD are very common practices now days in Government system by different means.
Based on the practices stated above, the Recruitment Scam-I occurred in DRDO in which several top Scientists including some ex-DGR&D, ex-CCR&D, ex-Directors and their daughters & relatives were involved. Several complaints were made to CVC & Defence Minister regarding Recruitment Scam-I and consequently CVC advices disciplinary action against Dr. Arun Kumar, Ex-DOP under major penalty vide OM No. 010/DEF/039/184877 dated 23.08.2012.(Copy enclosed-I).
Dr. Arun Kumar was suspended on the last day of his superannuation. Similarly some other Scientist Dr. S M Veerbhadrapa, Ex-Director, DTRL then HRD Charge Sheeted and Smt Chandra bano, Scientist ‘F’, DHRD was dismissed from service just 12 days before retirement. Since top ten officials of DRDO involved in Recruitment Scam-I were retired therefore on advice of Director (Vigilance) & CVO, Min. of Defence , then Defence Minister recommended CBI probe in Recruitment Scam-I of DRDO vide Dte (Vigilance), MOD note no.48-55 ante observations of JS & CVO at note 56 ante in November 2013. The news was published in media. Copy enclosed (II).
Shri Avinash Chander then CCR&D(MSS) also played an important role in Recruitment Scam-I while being member of expert committee under Chairmanship of Prof. SK Salwan, he gave clean chit to his friend Dr. Arun Kumar , ex-DOP vide his report dated 08.06.2011.
This case is regarding illegal recruitment with motivated planned conspiracy of Shri Avinash Chander, DG, DRDO and SA to RM, Dr. A.K. Singh, DOP and Smt. Hina Gokhle, Director, DHRD and Dr. RK Jain, Director, RAC and Dr. DN Reddy, Chairman, RAC.
BRIEF FACTS OF THE COMPLAINT
- Shri Avinash Chander, DS was Director, ASL, Hyderabad from August 2005 to May 2011. He was appointed as CCR&D (MSS) in DRDO HQ and was holding position of no. 2 after Dr. V.K. Saraswat, then DGR&D and SA to RM. Shri Avinash Chander took over as DGR&D, DRDO and SA to RM wef 31 May 2013 after superannuation of Dr. V.K. Saraswat.
- Smt. Tessy Thomas was working in ASL since its foundation and she was subordinate to Shri Avinash Chander when he was Director, ASL, Hyderabad. Smt Tessy Thomas was promoted to Scientist ‘H’/Outstanding Scientist wef 18 October 2013. She was appointed as Director, ASL, Hyderabad wef 25 July 2014.
- As a matter of facts, the competent authority in DRDO for appointment of Directors of Lab/Estt and Directorates at DRDO HQ is Shri Avinash Chander DGR&D, DRDO and SA to RM.
- Shri Saroj Kumar Patel, husband of Smt Tessy Thomas, OS (now Director, ASL) was serving in Indian Navy as Commodore and retired from Indian Navy on 31 January 2013. To oblige Smt Tessy Thomas, Shri Avinash Chander, then CCR&D(MSS) misused his position and succeeded in creation of a vacancy of Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO HQ and applications for this vacancy of Scientist ‘G’ were sought vide RAC Advt No. 110/December 2012. (Copy enclosed-III)
- The Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO is having pay scale of Rs. 37,400-67,000/- & Grade Pay 10,000/-, which is equivalent to rank of Joint Secretary in Indian Administrative Services. Joint Secretary to the Government of India has pay scale in Pay Band – 4:Rs. 37400- 67000; and Grade Pay Rs. 10000.All promotions and appointments to this Joint Secretary rank and post are directly made by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC).
- The requirement of said vacancy of Scientist ‘G’ was tailor made for Shri Saroj Kumar Patel as evident from details of Advt. No. 110/December 2012.
|SN||Criteria||RAC Advt. No. 110/Dec 2012||Bio-data of Shri SK Patel|
|Lab./Estt.||DRDO||Already posted at DRDO HQ|
|Subject/Discipline||Mechanical Engineering||Mechanical Engineering|
|Qualification Essential Desirable||At least first class Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or equivalent.||B.Sc. (Mechanical Engg.)|
|ME/M Tech Degree in relevant subject.||M.Tech|
|Experience / Specialisation||Experience in the field of Quality, Reliability and Safety management of weapons and Armament Systems with involvementduring development/production/induction and life cycle management. Knowledge of guided weapons is also desirable.||Not Available|
- This malpractice for recruitment of Shri Saroj Kumar Patel was exposed by some senior Scientist ‘G’ of DRDO by writing complaint to Hon’ble Defence Minister in 2013 and therefore the plan of Shri Avinash Chander failed due to seriously consideration of the matter by Dr. V.K. Saraswat, then DGR&D, DRDO and SA to RM.
- Shri Avinash Chander took over as DGR&D, DRDO and SA to RM on 31 May 2013 after superannuation of Dr. V.K. Saraswat. After acquiring full administrative & financial powers in DRDO, Shri Avinash Chander planned the recruitment of Shri Saroj Kumar Patel as Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO and therefore he planned a conspiracy of the illegal & motivated recruitment with help of his subordinates Dr. A.K. Singh, DOP, Smt. Hina Gokhle, Director, DHRD and Dr. DN Reddy, Chairman, RAC and Shri RK Jain, Director, RAC.
- Accordingly phase-II of the said conspiracy started by issue of Letter No. DOP/11/110059/QRSM/M/02 dated 14 August 2013 of Directorate of Personnel, DRDO, MOD, New Delhi on the Subject- Appointment of Director, QRS, DRDO HQ, New Delhi. Copy of the letter dated 14 August 2013 along with Proforma for Director, QRS, DRDO HQ, New Delhi is enclosed-IV.
- It was clearly mentioned in Para(1) of the letter that “Applications for the post of Director, Quality, Reliability & Safety(QRS) at DRDO HQrs, New Delhi are invited from SC ‘G’ promoted in the year 2013 having sufficient experience in the field of quality, reliability and safety. The Para 1 of letter is arbitrary, discriminatory, unethical and illegal in nature.
- No essential qualification, desirable qualification and years of experience were sought and mentioned in said DOP letter for the post of Director, QRS.
- Question arises why applications were invited only from the Scientist ‘G’ that were promoted in the year 2013 while in the seniority list of Scientist ‘G’ of DRDO as on 1st November 2013 there were 507 Scientist ‘G’ in total and out of which 114 were promoted in the year 2013 with effect from 01 July 2013? Copy of the seniority list of Scientist ‘G’ is enclosed-V. Why senior Scientist ‘G’ were not eligible for the post of the Director, QRS and under which rule DOP & DHRD decided that only junior most Scientist ‘G’ are eligible for the said post, while in appointments seniority plays an important role and senior most officers always given priority.
- Mere reading of the letter dated 14 August 2013 issued from DOP establishes the conspiracy in recruitment. The letter was issued on 14 August 2013 and it was clearly mentioned in para (2) of the letter, reproduced as it is for ready reference “2. The applications should be duly forwarded/recommended by their respective Directors the enclosed profoma (Annexure-I) and must reach this office latest by 21st August 2013”. Hence only 6 days were provided to all Scientist ‘G’ of 52 Lab/Estt situated allover India right from Leh to Kochi and Vizag to Tezpur. The Para-2 is the clear violation of DOPT norms because period should be minimum 15 days.
- As a matter of fact 15 August was National holiday, 16th was Friday, 17-18 August (week end holiday), 19-21 August (three working days). Now three questions arises
(i) Why only 04 working days was provided to submit the applications for post of Director, QRS?
(ii) What was the urgency to keep very short time for submitting applications?
(iii) Whether it was possible in any circumstances that ink signed copy of the application duly recommended by respective Director be reach with in two-three days by speed post to New Delhi far from various Lab/Estt. Of DRDO.
- Answer to the questions raised in point(14) above is that applications were sought within DRDO simply to make formality and have a record that no Scientist ‘G’ applied for the said post or found eligible for the said post. It is matter of investigation by CVC from records that how many applications were received for post of Director, QRS, whether any list were prepared, whether any interview/interaction were organized, whether any committee scrutinized the proforma of Scientist ‘G’ and whether any Scientist ‘G’ was found suitable for the post of Director, QRS, DRDO Hqrs.
- In fact said post were preplanned for Shri Saroj Kumar Patel since the December 2012 therefore any Scientist ‘G’ out of 507 Scientist ‘G’ of DRDO was not selected for the post of Director, QRS, DRDO Hqrs and post remain vacant.
- Further to accommodate Shri Saroj Kumar Patel in DRDO an advertisement for post of Scientist ‘G’ were again issued by RAC, DRDO vide Advt. No. 112/October 2013 under direct recruitment scheme of DRDO under direction & guidance of Shri Avinash Chander with vested interest. Copy of the Advt No. 112/October 2013 is enclosed-VI.
- Shri Saroj Kumar Patel was recruited as Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO against the 01 vacancy of Scientist ‘G’ vide RAC Advt No. 112/October 2013 and joined DRDO at DRDO HQrs, DRDO Bhawan, New Delhi with effect from 27 March 2014 at seniority no. 486 among Scientist ‘G’ of DRDO.
- As a matter of fact Shri Saroj Kumar Patel joined DRDO as Scientist ‘G’ on 27 March 2014(Thursday) and appointed as Director, QRS, DRDO HQrs on 31 March 2014(Monday) so he worked only two days 27-28 March 2014 and jumped to post of Director only in service of 04 days. Shri Avinash Chander appointed Shri Patel as Director; QRS ignoring the 485 senior Scientist ‘G’ already available in DRDO and it establish favoritism & nepotism. It can only happened in DRDO.
- Now again four question arises
i. Why Shri Patel was appointed as Director, QRS while he was recruited against vacancy of Scientist ‘G’ not for the post of Director, QRS by ignoring 485 senior Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO?
ii. What is the specialization of Shri Patel which is not available with 507 Scientist ‘G’ of DRDO, can the conspirators able to justify?
iii. Why so much favoritism was given to Shri Patel for his recruitment as Scientist ‘G’ and appointment as Director, QRS since October 2012 to March 2014 by Shri Avinash Chander?
iv. What special benefit DRDO get from Sh Patel’s tailor made appointment?
- Keeping in view of the facts mentioned above and the subordination of Smt Tessy Thomas with Shri Avinash Chander right from several years in ASL, Hyderabad, it is crystal clear gross violation of recruitment rules, ethics and procedures took place and the same were not followed in recruitment of Shri Patel as Scientist ‘G’ on 27 March 2014 and further his appointment as Director, QRS on 31 March 2014. This smacks planned conspiracy and criminal misconduct by Shri Avinash Chander, DGR&D, DRDO, Dr. A.K. Singh, Director of Personnel, DRDO Hqrs, Smt Hina Gokhle, Director, DHRD, Dr. RK Jain, Director, RAC and Dr. DN Reddy, Chairman, RAC.
- Therefore, it is kindly requested that appointment of Shri Saroj Kumar Patel, Scientist ‘G’ should be cancelled with immediate effect and inquiry be conducted under Prevention of Corruption Act 1988 and CCS (CCA) Rules 1965 against the senior officers of DRDO involved in planned conspiracy of recruitment and appointment of Shri Saroj Kumar Patel as Scientist ‘G’ in DRDO and appointment as Director, QRS, DRDO HQrs.
21-Sunderwala, Raipur, Dehradun -248008 0135- 2787750, 9411114879, firstname.lastname@example.org www.corruptionindrdo.com